JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a old 10/22 I built 15 or more years back and the butler creek barrel /chamber finally went. So now I am looking to buy a new barrel. I noticed quite a few manufacturers out their. Looking for some insight and best bang for my buck. I have been looking at the x-ring and factory ruger bull stainless barrel. Thanks in advance for the advice and help.

I've seen positive reviews for Green Mountain. I have had a target and lightweight KIDD - the target shot quite well and the lighter one I've never bothered to test as it lives on a speed steel build, and it's plenty accurate for that game.

I am also a fan of the Green Mountain.

10-22 1-19 50 - 2.jpg

Failing to extract cases chamber opening up. Probably 35k over the years The old butler creek barrel cost me $85 lol
Any impacts to accuracy? Have you swapped out the extractor? 10/22's are known to have issues with extraction out of the box with factory extractors. I had a factory extractor go bad within the first 1,000 rounds and a $13.50 Volquartsen exact edge extractor fixed the issue and the problem never returned. If you aren't having any accuracy issues I would try a new extractor and extractor spring first. Nothing wrong with putting on a new barrel if that is what you want though.

Any impacts to accuracy? Have you swapped out the extractor? 10/22's are known to have issues with extraction out of the box with factory extractors. I had a factory extractor go bad within the first 1,000 rounds and a $13.50 Volquartsen exact edge extractor fixed the issue and the problem never returned. If you aren't having any accuracy issues I would try a new extractor and extractor spring first. Nothing wrong with putting on a new barrel if that is what you want though.
No it is the barrel and is sold now. Yes I replaced the extractor recoil spring etc. way before I figured out chamber was worn

My dad looked at a lot of barrel blank manufacturers under a microscope. He said Fedderson seemed to be the most consistent for quality and performance. Most barrels out there will out shoot 80% of the people so find one you like and go for it.

I know this guy personally. He is a memeber of the Washington Arms Collectors. He custom made me a barrel and has a pic of him and Uncle Ted at the shot show...............................................................http://beyerbarrels.com/

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews