JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a old 10/22 I built 15 or more years back and the butler creek barrel /chamber finally went. So now I am looking to buy a new barrel. I noticed quite a few manufacturers out their. Looking for some insight and best bang for my buck. I have been looking at the x-ring and factory ruger bull stainless barrel. Thanks in advance for the advice and help.

I've seen positive reviews for Green Mountain. I have had a target and lightweight KIDD - the target shot quite well and the lighter one I've never bothered to test as it lives on a speed steel build, and it's plenty accurate for that game.

I am also a fan of the Green Mountain.

10-22 1-19 50 - 2.jpg

Failing to extract cases chamber opening up. Probably 35k over the years The old butler creek barrel cost me $85 lol
Any impacts to accuracy? Have you swapped out the extractor? 10/22's are known to have issues with extraction out of the box with factory extractors. I had a factory extractor go bad within the first 1,000 rounds and a $13.50 Volquartsen exact edge extractor fixed the issue and the problem never returned. If you aren't having any accuracy issues I would try a new extractor and extractor spring first. Nothing wrong with putting on a new barrel if that is what you want though.

Any impacts to accuracy? Have you swapped out the extractor? 10/22's are known to have issues with extraction out of the box with factory extractors. I had a factory extractor go bad within the first 1,000 rounds and a $13.50 Volquartsen exact edge extractor fixed the issue and the problem never returned. If you aren't having any accuracy issues I would try a new extractor and extractor spring first. Nothing wrong with putting on a new barrel if that is what you want though.
No it is the barrel and is sold now. Yes I replaced the extractor recoil spring etc. way before I figured out chamber was worn

My dad looked at a lot of barrel blank manufacturers under a microscope. He said Fedderson seemed to be the most consistent for quality and performance. Most barrels out there will out shoot 80% of the people so find one you like and go for it.

I know this guy personally. He is a memeber of the Washington Arms Collectors. He custom made me a barrel and has a pic of him and Uncle Ted at the shot show...............................................................http://beyerbarrels.com/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top