JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the best easiest mods to have on the 10/22! If you go to Rimfire Central you can get a tutorial on how to DIY with a dremel and about 5 minutes of your time!!!........

Yea, I agree. I've actually done it twice already on my rifles. The root of my question is I've got two 10/22's that I'm borrowing from a buddy who is unreachable right now (tug boat captain) and I was toying with the idea of modding his rifles for him.

The eager beaver in me says mod the rifles and he'll be happy. Then there's the whole 'it's not yours, don't touch it'. I was just wondering if anyone could think of a reason you wouldn't want the auto bolt release.

I can't think of a reason you wouldn't want it, but I think I'd be a little perturbed if somebody was dremeling on my firearms without asking. You could buy a VQ auto bolt release (midway has them for $9) or buy a stock one and grind it. That way if he doesn't like it you've stil got the stock un-modded one you could drop back in.

I would not do ANY mods to someone else's gun without their approval first

Yea, I agree. I've actually done it twice already on my rifles. The root of my question is I've got two 10/22's that I'm borrowing from a buddy who is unreachable right now (tug boat captain) and I was toying with the idea of modding his rifles for him.

The eager beaver in me says mod the rifles and he'll be happy. Then there's the whole 'it's not yours, don't touch it'. I was just wondering if anyone could think of a reason you wouldn't want the auto bolt release.

I can't think of a reason you wouldn't want it, but I think I'd be a little perturbed if somebody was dremeling on my firearms without asking. You could buy a VQ auto bolt release (midway has them for $9) or buy a stock one and grind it. That way if he doesn't like it you've stil got the stock un-modded one you could drop back in.
I would say, no but if there is a way like Doubletabdrew says. Then go for it. I always love gifts from friends.

Actually if you want to surprise him, the Volquartsen auto release mentioned above would be a good way to do it. Absolutely reversible and no 'smithing' to the gun required. I would hate someone cutting on my rifle without me knowing it, but a simple, drop-in mod like the VQ would be a welcome surprise to me :) .

Volquartsen Automatic Bolt Release Ruger 10/22 Black

Another cheap one is the extended mag release.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top