JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Straight stock, "mountie"?
No, typical pistol grip, 'rifle' style - 24"

39.JPG

Last Edited:
Rich guy one "I want this rife" shows to his A hole friend....

Rich guy two starts bidding it up to get it as a FU joke....

To people who 10k is weekend walking cash....

The ad title has me confused:

Marlin 336 20" Carbine 30-30 Minty from 1975 JM Proofed! Like Winchester 94

What does 'Like Winchester 94' mean ? The ad is for a Marlin - why the odd reference to WInchester?
He's trying to appeal to both knowledgeable prospective owners/collectors, and to those who aren't 100% sure what a "Marlin 336" is.
In other words, he's an equal opportunity seller.

What does he do to 'make' this amount?

The ad title has me confused:

Marlin 336 20" Carbine 30-30 Minty from 1975 JM Proofed! Like Winchester 94

What does 'Like Winchester 94' mean ? The ad is for a Marlin - why the odd reference to WInchester?
To make it show up when someone searches on "Winchester 94"
Clever way to widen your audience.

and to those who aren't 100% sure what a "Marlin 336" is.
I would think if a person wasn't sure what a 'Marlin 336' is, the picture would clear that up.

Also after reading the title again it says 'JM Proofed ! Like Winchester 94.

Well, one could interpret this to mean a Winchester 94 is 'proofed' by JM as well by the poor sentence structure.

Also I believe the seller was actually referencing the JM Stamp, as opposed to 'proofed'. The 'JM' was not a proof mark and signified the gun was made by the original Marlin factory.

Personally, I don't believe the seller knows much about lever guns in general. His description in the 'item characteristics' section is inaccurate and misleading as well. I have read many GB ads over the years and have often seen similar.

OK i read the bid history. what it looks like to me is many bidders upped their own bid. what that does is here is how much i will pay. they are putting their own personal reserve on the gun, they won't pay that much unless someone else out bids them. of the last 2 bidders bidder 1 raised his own bid 7 times from 6k to 9,999. if he won the auction he would pay his origional bid of 6k. he was trying to scare other bidders away by upping his bid. the winner of the auction upped his bid by $25. and won. the last bidder only bid once. that is how these auctions work how they sometimes go higher and higher. i have bought and sold on ebay and GB so i know the drill. if i see an item i want i sometimes bid and then up my bid to the most i will pay, sometimes i win and sometimes i don't.

Take a look at how many bidders are brand new with zero feedback. Something smells fishy here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top