Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1 gun or 2

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by yskippy, Apr 28, 2010.

1. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

What should I add next to my collection of .45 ACPs?? :gun10: :gun10: :gun10:

1 gun (HK 45)

or

Any combination of 2 of the following -
    M&P 45
    Ruger P90
    FN P45
    CZ 97

I always appreciate the opinions on here...so let me know your thoughts.

2. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

Two is one one is none, get two M&Ps if you want striker fired or FNPs if you want DA/SA.

HKs are gigantic (if they fit your hand well that's great though). And the mags are more expensive.

Better yet buy one (M&P would be my choice out of all those by a mile) and take a class with the rest of the money and then buy a second later on down the road...

Glock 21 SF is another great option you didn't mention, assuming you aren't anti-glock for some reason. I've shot the heck out of mine and love it.

3. OEDub

OEDub SW OR Coast Active Member

My motto has been: the more guns the better!!:thumbup: I have a Ruger P90...the thing's a tank but it shoots well & is very reliable. Not really a CCW. I've heard of it referred to as the AK of the handgun realm. Not really a "sexy" gun, but will put a bullet downrange & hit consistently. MP 45 would be another really nice addition to the Ruger...actually I don't think that you'd go wrong with any of those handguns, though! Just remember to save some $$$$ for ammo!

4. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

1 vote for the HK 45!

5. jughead666

jughead666 Elgin, IL New Member

I have a guy at the local gunstore that has a HK 45 that he carries while at work and it is a very nice piece. He has nothing but positive things to say about that gun. Well worth the money.

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Depends on what you really want, but I would suggest the HK.

7. GRUNDEL

GRUNDEL Washougal Area Active Member

My vote would be for the HK. The Mag prices are a joke but their quality, reliability, and accuracy are tough to beat.

8. SgtKashim

SgtKashim Wilsonville, Oregon Member

Hm... I am now a diehard CZ fan. Dunno, I love my 75 anyway. Finally got it out to the quarry for some trigger time last weekend. Accurate, was knocking 12-gauge shells around from... 5-10 yards pretty easily. Heavy, soaks up most of the recoil. Comfortable in the hand. I have a new best friend. The difference between this gun and the Sigma I used to have is night and day.

If the CZ97s are anywhere near as good, I'd grab one in a heartbeat.

Having had a chance to play with them a bit when I was searching for a replacement for the Sigma, the M&P series are also very nice. If I were to pick 2 from the list, I'd get an M&P and the CZ. And the CZ looks damned classy with some nice wooden grips on her. :F