Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

+1 for anti-gun people

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fletcher, Jan 8, 2010.

1. fletcher

fletcher Washington Co. Member

Google street view caught something in Chicago that will make the anti-gunners get their collective knickers all tied up in knots. Google has since removed the image, but not before an enterprising individaul got a good screen caption.

Ultimate Fail

"We need to get guns out of criminal hands. To do that, we need to get them out of every one's hands." I can already hear it . . .

2. hightower

hightower spokane Member

pssh its just a squirtgun, can't you see they're cooling off on a hot summer day

3. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

too funny a stereotypical day in the projects.......is exactly what would be derived from that pic from the antigunners, but to most a hot day with a nice squirt gun....
    OR IS IT :paranoid:

4. hightower

hightower spokane Member

is that water blaster stainless? me ojos not to good

5. jordanka16

jordanka16 Albany, OR Active Member

It looks like a clear plastic squirtgun to me.

6. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

lets hope it is

7. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I kind of find the whole thing a bit racist. It is broad daylight on a summers day in a lower income neighborhood with cars going by as two young people appear to be playing with squirt guns. Would the anti-gunners that are so outraged and shocked have had the same reaction if this pic was on a cul-de-sac in Maryland and two white kids were doing the same thing in front of their parent's mini-mansion?

8. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Aren't handguns banned in Chicago already? Or was that part of the joke and I'm just slow :confused:

9. husker

husker portland Active Member

Why would you see this is racist? It is two kids in Chicago. One has a pistol, maybe a toy or a water pistol. It is in chicago were there is a ban on hand guns. That is the point. No one brought up race. I think people use the race card to much and cant see past it.

10. PlayboyPenguin

It is racist because so many people were so quick to make comments about it being "gang violence" and other such nonsense and I do not think they would have done that if the kids had not been black and been in a poorer neighborhood.

11. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I'm confused!?!?!? "so many people"? Where are these people you are reffering to? Where are their comments you speak of?

I certainly haven't made any such comments in this thread.

Or are you talking about the comments posted where the picture is linked to? If you are I simply didn't know because I didn't bother to read them. I clicked on the link merely to see what the fuss was about (to see the picture). I saw a silly picture and lost interest real quick.

12. PlayboyPenguin

Just read the comments that lead up to it being removed from Google. It just takes a little research. So many people leapt to the conclusion that it was a real gun and where so offended that google pulled the image. I doubt so many people would have made the same snap judgement if it was two white kids in a rich neighborhood doing the same thing.