JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I bought this cannon about 5 years ago, Its been fired approx 30 times in the last forth of july fun. It is rated to fire lead balls or golf balls, Comes with a powder loader and tamper a defouler and cleaner all very well made, The fuse hole area has some bluing missing and could easly be recoated, Apparently black powder is caustic, lol ! The carriage is very sturdy and hand made, I paid $2500 for this cannon and have seen a less buildt cannon for more, Its very heavy duty, about 70lbs. I have about 60' of fuse and couple cans of powder if you pick it up. Star of any 4th of july fun.

Looking for a trade ? Interested in a AR15 style weapon .223

cannon 012.jpg

cannon 009.jpg

cannon 011.jpg

cannon 003.jpg

cannon 010.jpg

What type of AR are you looking for? - eMail sent

I am sorry i am not very educated on the differnt models, But i have seen a DMPS i think it was called and a colt i was told the first was better, But i am not sure. I dont hunt only target shoot, a small caliber and pistols. I have a CCW and a USCG Captain. So i would be able to buy through a FFL.
Just would like to get a .223 for target and just shooting fun. Been shooting a HMR 17 savage and a couple pistols.

You may already know this, but thought I'd offer it, since it was not mentioned. The carriage and barrel contour are those of a "deck gun" for a battleship such as "Old Ironsides", The USS Constitution, etc. A friend gave me a miniature barrel of the same contour once, and I researched the barrel contour to find it was of deck gun variety, and then from pictures I built a carriage for it. Remarkably similar to your pictures, including chains for lashing it down to avoid the dreaded "loose cannon" reference. Mine was of .36 caliber, and fired remarkably accurately, even from the smooth bore. At a gathering one time, we took turns firing it at some ducks on a pond about 60 yards away. Never hit a duck, but the waterspouts were all the rage for attendees to the event. The ducks weren't too worried.

Thank you sir for the info, I did know it was a replica, but didnt remember from what ship. I know it will toss a lead ball over 1200 fps, fired it through a chronograph. And if you use white golf ball you cant see them fly, So the 20 or so i fired i used bright orange balls. The gun was made by a highly regarded canadian cannon builder, but dammed if i can remember his name. Makes a nice 10' smoke ring when fired. took me 5 months to get it and i just dont have family around for the 4th so i havent fired it for several years. Thank You !

I would prefer a trade because if i sell it my wife will get the money. lol !

Thanx for the emails Mike and I feel that I should defer to someone else who has a higher quality (priced) unit for you. Good luck! :) - Randy (who is looking for more a a beer can shooter .... ;) )

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.