JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
good advice about the glass... but im probably not going to find high quality in this price point..... this is a brush gun.

Personally and its just my opinion I think you will be fine for your purposes, We all have to sacrafice some where to achieve our main objective.

I bought a rifle that came with a shepared scope . This has scope has the coolest feature of any scope I have ever tried
dual cross hairs for one shot zeroing and for a .300wm that saves a lot of money zeroing and the drop compensator is awesome for that those longer range shots that are iffy with any other scope but i found it was not as bright as my accupoint or elite 4200 so i posted in the classifieds If I could afford another .300wm just for eastern elk only I would keep it but I had to weight it out to what my main needs are . The burris mentioned is a great scope I have a burris 3x9x40 version of it and although its not really a fair comparison as I did not compare them both side by in low light the pst i had did seem crisper. Also keep in mind everyones eyes are a little different in regards to needs. As a young man I could see much better in low light than I can do now so a brighter low light scope is more important to me.

agree about the flip up caps, too noisy and fragile....

I use the same rubberband style covers you describe... works great. Mine are so old now I had to modify it with a simple rubberband... still works great. I cant find an exact replacement, but the desing is still sold perhaps if I Google hard enough I could find something more specific but these are easy to find and buy......

the style is called a "bikini scope cover"

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/290696/butler-creek-rifle-scope-cover-bikini-style
I saw those but felt it had too much wrap around on the covers for them to just be flipped off like the originals. I may be wrong. Mine are / were flat metal disks over molded with rubber with a small groove less than 3/32 inch deep at the perimeter to center on and catch the edge of the lens housing. Not unlike a rubber covered poker chip.If I have to peal something off I will stick with the balloons on the business end of the barrel and the up end of my scope as I do now.

I saw those but felt it had too much wrap around on the covers for them to just be flipped off like the originals. I may be wrong. Mine are / were flat metal disks over molded with rubber with a small groove less than 3/32 inch deep at the perimeter to center on and catch the edge of the lens housing. Not unlike a rubber covered poker chip.If I have to peal something off I will stick with the balloons on the business end of the barrel and the up end of my scope as I do now.
I have the same kind you do... mine are old and wearing out. Its frustrating I cant find them for sale anymore, best covers ever made.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top