JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0106:I noticed the sky is falling reports from the media over the past few days. I've been photographing as a professional over the past 15+ years and have run into many issues with access, most of them right after 9/11. Most issues come from uninformed individuals with and agency or business. Generally not a policy. After a quick bit or research I found this definition in their rules. I'm not going to spend a bunch of time confirming this is directly related to the current regulations but they seem to be one in the same (the rules everyone is screaming about has now be in effect for four years):

Still photography—use of still photographic equipment on National Forest System lands that takes place at a location where members of the public generally are not allowed or where additional administrative costs are likely, or uses models, sets, or props that are not a part of the site's natural or cultural resources or administrative facilities.

So if you are not going somewhere other people can't be, you are not bringing props or models and are not causing expense to the Forest Service, you should be good. I think I'll keep bringing my camera when I'm out and about.

I'll still watch out for their drones!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top