JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
are these unobtanium now days?
Needing to get one for a 9mm pistol and a Form1 can but damn, they are gone.

I've ran through the big name sites YHM, Q, Griffin, Silencerco, in search of finding one.
SDTA says 1-3/16x24 which could be a typo but without verification on their end, I don't see a reason to order.

Any other places to look?

The SDTA thing wasnt a typo. Just use a B Cell booster and an adapter. Most people do that. There arent a lot of good choices for D cell tubes. Most folks use B cell tubes for pistols and D cell tubes for rifles hence the lack of direct thread boosters for D cell tubes. FWIW solventtrapcups.com makes a nice booster too in the B thread size.

Just googled 1.375x24 booster housing and this was the first one in stock I found.

@wired
A, B, C, D....
I'm a numbers guy which is why I deal in specifics not brand names. When I read these flavors, I literally read it like "A Q-tip is fuzzy and it fits in an ear canal".

Seriously, it's a hand holding experience for me on these things. Market names are foreign.

So I need an adapter to go from my tubes 1-3/8x24 to a 1-3/16x24?

that adapter is what I'm looking at now. It appears that's the thin piece I need.

Just googled 1.375x24 booster housing and this was the first one in stock I found.

Yeah me too but.. this is why I'm looking for a cross reference. :)

E62785FA-1AC9-4C4B-966A-DAEBEA8B390B.jpeg

Any idea what Liberty threads are? This is in stock.

Could always call Silencershop and see what the ETAs are on any of the various manufacturers and backer the one that is shortest ETA out.

Best wishes! Silencers and parts are as bad as guns and ammo right now. Which I'm not sure why...

First off anal engineer time again. SAE spec threads do not use thread "pitch" as a nomenclature. Thread pitch is distance between threads . Metric threads are measured in pitch not SAE threads. Impress the next engineer you are talking with and dont refer to any SAE thread size as a pitch.

A lot of these tube sizes and threads are based on the old maglight tube sizing.

A tubes are pretty rare. Generally 1" OD with .875" ID's and .875"-24 threads OR 15/16"-28 . Hard to fund but I use them frequently and I make them for myself and I make and sell them . Its what you need for integral Rugers and Hi Standard .22's.

B Tubes are relatively standardized yet there are outliers. Most boosters are made for B tubes sizes range from 1 3/16-24 to 1.18"-24. Most are 1 3/16" They will usually interchange.

C Tubes...Ugh. Smaller than B tubes for some reason and baffles sizes are all over the place. .995", 1" ,1.05" . Three different tread sizes too left and right. Not a lot of use for these but the good XRT baffles and kits are C sized. Good for .22's but I do have one C sized XRT baffled kit with 15 baffles on a .380 and it works great .

D sized . Pretty much the standard for big tube rifle sizes but not all rifle cans use this size. A lot of makers reference the external tube size which is stupid as aluminum and titanium tubes are radically different. In any case 1 7/16" -20 is the standard size although some makers even screw that up. There are two different sized for D tubes 1.380" ID and .1360" ID and you need the right baffles for the tube . 1.355" baffles with be too sloppy in a 1.380" tube and 1.375" baffles arent going to fit in a 1.360" tube.

ASR tube . ASR tubes are getting more popular. Basically a D sized tube with Silencerco 1 3/8"-24 ASR threads on one side and 1 7/16-20 D sized threads on the other although there are double ASR modulars. These can use a Silencerco Bravo pattern ASR locking adapter and flash hider without an extra adapter. ASR tubes usually have one side with a built in stand off to allow the baffles to sit two inches or so away from the muzzle without a spacer. If you are looking for a good tube Pure Performance Armory makes a GREAT ASR tube that can be bushed down to use boosters or used as is with A bravo adapter or one of the even better solventtrap.com Bravo clones.

Wix filter size. These are the 1.5" ID tubes .

Chinese. All over the place. The big tubes are usually 1.5" ID . Threads unknown. Dont seem to be Metric or Standard threads.

There are good places to order from and not so good. Muted Machine Works is one I would advise not ordering from. MONTHS. White trash tactical, Pure Performance Armory, Solventtraps.com are places I recommend. Quiet bore is another company I avoid if possible. Shipping times being unreasonable with them.

Last Edited:
Thank you. I wish this was something I was more knowledgeable in before today, you as always, have great information.

Surely this is something we can reference back to!

Thank you again. My roof is 3.75/12 pitch.

B61DC734-07F3-468F-A03B-E49333FF208C_1_105_c.jpeg
After dragging my feet something terrible, I finally ordered and received the goods.
Can't wait to head out and not make noise.

Yeah, I purple anodized the Ti can. I'll clear it soon enough and redo it to blue at 28volts. I like that color

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top