JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the cost of a conversion you can buy a nice used 22 pistol. I like Ruger Super Single Six for kids. Semi autos don't teach a kid accuracy like a revolver does. If the kid is small then a Bearcat Ruger would be just the ticket. Revolvers teach a kid manual dexderity, accuracy and patience. Less likely to spray and pray.

I like the glocks in 9MM because if it's your first then it's cheaper to shoot and learn to be good. 9mm is about $11 a box and 40 is $16. You will master the gun quicker when you shoot more.

jj

Check out http://www.summitgunbroker.com/ they have great prices on glocks I have seen.

You could pick up 2 glocks and a .22 conversion kit for probaby less then what you are looking to spend.

Pick up whatever glock you wanted as a carry/hd gun, and then him a glock as well.

If not there are plenty of other great prices on guns there. I would suggest the 2 glocks and a 22 conversion though myself. I absolutely love my G23.

Wow. So many things to think about. We actually did start with a rifle. We have a Savage .22 LR. I have also thought about 2 glocks with a .22 conversion. I'm concerned about the grip size for him though. (He would LOVE a Glock, just like dad...)

I think what it comes down to is what he likes and will be happy shooting. We are just getting started and there will be many more guns in the future.:D

Wow. So many things to think about. We actually did start with a rifle. We have a Savage .22 LR. I have also thought about 2 glocks with a .22 conversion. I'm concerned about the grip size for him though. (He would LOVE a Glock, just like dad...)

I think what it comes down to is what he likes and will be happy shooting. We are just getting started and there will be many more guns in the future.:D

What you could do is get a Glock 19 and a glock 17. Give him the glock 17 and get a .22 conversion kit. It will work with both glocks. He can have a full size grip 17 and you can get the 19 and carry it as well.

He shouldnt have a issue shooting the 17 w/ a conversion kit, and it can allow him to grow into it as he gets older. I've got pretty small hands myself and I had a little trouble at first shooting my 23 right but after you get the angle down and line everything up properly it's perfectly fine. I think if you start out with good form and grip he would be ok. especially shooting a .22 out of the 17

What you could do is get a Glock 19 and a glock 17. Give him the glock 17 and get a .22 conversion kit. It will work with both glocks. He can have a full size grip 17 and you can get the 19 and carry it as well.

He shouldnt have a issue shooting the 17 w/ a conversion kit, and it can allow him to grow into it as he gets older. I've got pretty small hands myself and I had a little trouble at first shooting my 23 right but after you get the angle down and line everything up properly it's perfectly fine. I think if you start out with good form and grip he would be ok. especially shooting a .22 out of the 17

I'm really liking the idea of getting a Glock 17 and a Glock 22 with a .22 conversion kit, which according to Advantage Arms will work on both guns. Then I get my .40 S&W and a 9mm and both can be a .22. I will just need to get a G17 in my son's hands to see if it fits him OK. He does have a G17 airsoft gun that is supposed to be a 1:1 replica that fits him OK.

You could also look at the G19 9mm and the G23 .40 SW. I don't think the grips are smaller around, but both the barrel and grip are a bit shorter. They aren't "compact," that would be the 26 and 27. Might be a real nice compromise for both of you. Personally I chose the G23 and I have really big hands, FWIW.

I'm just suggesting that you compare them if you haven't.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top