JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check this out:

From the Washington Civil Rights Association:

Yes. She really said it. "constitutionality is in the eye of the beholder."

Share this wide.

EMAIL THE SENATE COMMITTEE TODAY and politely but firmly DEMAND they have the courage NOT to advance SB 5217 and SB 5568 out of committee.

These politicians only care about one thing: getting re-elected. We need EVERYONE to help ensure that they know that if they pass these bad bills we will do EVERYTHING in our power to elect their replacements.

SB 5217: Banning semi-auto rifles--including your 10/22!
SB 5568: An assault on state preemption, allowing ANY town to create ANY gun law they wish
SB 5078: Eliminating your right to defend yourself by banning magazines > 12 rounds.

We need EVERYONE to email the Senate Committee TODAY and demand they refuse to exec (i.e., advance) SB 5217 and SB 5568 out of committee.

Here are their email addresses:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Put each of these in the BCC field, or send individually!

Thank you! Again! Repeatedly!

And . . . done, after posting and sharing the message in multiple places.

Bcc to all committee members, including idiot Kuderer.

MadPick said:
Subject: "Constitutionality is in the eye of the beholder" - No, it's not!

Dear committee members,

Senator Kuderer said exactly that: "Constitutionality is in the eye of the beholder." As ridiculous as that sounds, I know it reflects exactly how many of you feel.

I want to remind you that constitutionality is very clearly defined by our, well, constitution. That very same constitution is referenced in YOUR oath of office.

And our Washington constitution states very clearly, "The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired."

I urge you to adhere to your oath of office, to act rationally and based on a facts and data, and do not advance the following unconstitutional bills out of committee:

SB 5217: Unconstitutional rifle ban
SB 5568: Preemption loss which will lead to unconstitutional bans
SB 5078: Unconstitutional magazine ban

And don't just do this because it's the right thing to do -- do it so the state of Washington doesn't get sued and spend millions of dollars defending an illegal law.

Thank you!

MadPick
Renton

Check this out:

Share this wide.

EMAIL THE SENATE COMMITTEE TODAY and politely but firmly DEMAND they have the courage NOT to advance SB 5217 and SB 5568 out of committee.

These politicians only care about one thing: getting re-elected. We need EVERYONE to help ensure that they know that if they pass these bad bills we will do EVERYTHING in our power to elect their replacements.

SB 5568: An assault on state preemption, allowing ANY town to create ANY gun law they wish
SB 5078: Eliminating your right to defend yourself by banning magazines > 12 rounds.

We need EVERYONE to email the Senate Committee TODAY and demand they refuse to exec (i.e., advance) SB 5217 and SB 5568 out of committee.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

How can people be so stupid as to elect these monsters??? do they not know that once they finish going after the guns they will try to destroy all the other rights that we have. That is what these people do to entertain their megalomaniacal ideas and pathological desire for power over the rest of use. These laws have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with wanting to be dictators and not having anyone push back...

Some trends to remind the less constitutionally inclined members of the committee:

Gallop polls recorded a 19 point drop among independent voter's preference for gun control since 2019.

Gallop polls recorded historically low support for banning pistols in 2021, with only 19% of all voters in favor.

Gallop polls recorded a large shift among independent voters towards Republicans at the end 2021.

Some trends to remind the less constitutionally inclined members of the committee:

Gallop polls recorded a 19 point drop among independent voter's preference for gun control since 2019.

Gallop polls recorded historically low support for banning pistols in 2021, with only 19% of all voters in favor.

Gallop polls recorded a large shift among independent voters towards Republicans at the end 2021.
That's good info!

What the heck happened to 17 rounds?

Was that a different bill?

Are they going to listen to an Oregonian who refuses to spend money in Washington if self defense is limited or denied to my family?

What the heck happened to 17 rounds?

Was that a different bill?

Are they going to listen to an Oregonian who refuses to spend money in Washington if self defense is limited or denied to my family?
My understanding is that it said 17 rounds, then was amended to 12 -- but really, the number is irrelevant, and subject to change right up until the end. We need full-force opposition, regardless of the number that's currently in the bill.

Will they listen to an Oregonian? I don't know . . . but if you are willing to help by adding to the sheer volume of emails that they receive, it would be appreciated! I suspect that your email will be just as effective as anyone's!

Done,
I already heard back from Wagoner who is on our side.
Keep the pressure up, folks If they won't see the light, make them feel the heat.

Check this out:

Share this wide.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Done! Copy and paste all into the address line of your email to them. Easy. If you have criminal law experience at any level (prosecutor, attorney, police officer, deputy, corrections etc.) be sure to mention that!

Can someone make a t-shirt with "Constitutionality is in the eye of the beholder, therefore I find your law unconstitutional and it is my duty to ignore it"

I emailed all Senators late last night. This morning, I already have a reply from Sen. Keith Wagoner (R) 39th Legislative District, to wit:
"Good morning, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding bill 5217. During my time in the legislature there has been a constant assault on our 2nd Amendment rights and this year is no different. My voting record speaks loud and clear when it comes to this issue and it says that I hold the 2nd Amendment in the highest regard. I will be a definite no on this legislation."
👍 You folks in the 39th have a true patriot representing you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top