JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0114: I dont think I was drunk at the time. I want to buy a scale that measures milligrams. I looked on a couple forums to find a inexpensive scale that can accurately measure at this level. You know, some good old internet feedback. I just found a bunch of posts imploring OPs to buy scales that weigh in grains. Fears of getting the formula's wrong, etc. Original threads weren't from this forum, but I wanted to make a rant on my favorite forum. If there were multiple steps to some crazy formula I would understand the hesitation but I think this is pretty straight forward.

example:
42grain load x .0648 = 2.722 grams to the milligram.
42.5 grain x .0648 = 2.754 grams to the milligram.

Lol. I just laugh every time I think of this thread. The thread title is just a decimal number and then a 2 line formula in the message body. It just makes me laugh a little. I understand the logic behind the post, but it was so vague that it didn't make its existence seems productive. Hahah. I'd change the thread title to something like "unit conversion formula" or something.

A scale that reads in grams as well as grains is useful if you keep track of the density of your powder from lot to lot--doing the math is a LOT easier in metric--something perhaps less necessary these days, but I still do it.

Last Edited:
Almost any available reloading scale is good enough. If you want better than +/- 0.1gn (I hate "gr" for grains as I tend to read it as grams, whereas "gn" is clearer to me), than you need to go to an analytical balance that probably only reads grams.
See Mettler and Sartorius.

When it was not seeing as some folks thought it should---they spent a lot more tax payer's money to "fix" it. Since there was no other hubble bubble to compare with, how do we know what it is "seeing" now is correct? What that has to do with being over picky about powder charges I could not say..............

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top