JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Model 03 Winchester .22 Winchester Automatic rifle (father to the iconic Model 63 .22 LR) that double taps when first fired, then jams because the slide doesn't go back far enough to cock the hammer. I suppose it would go full automatic if it weren't for the jam. Manufactured in 1904-the first year, it is in rather good condition, ammo is once again readily available, so I hate to scrap it or donate it to a museum, since I'm not in a tax bracket to need the deduction.
What steps do I take to get it back to safe firing condition? Any help out there? Eley primed, Mexican mfg. and Aguila mfg. ammo claim 1.5 mile range for the 45 gr. round nosed lead bullet. (yup...1.5 miles!) I'm a retiree with limited resources so I dilike the thoughts of taking it to a gunsmith that doesn't even know what it is, much less how to fix it. I'm a capable mechanic and hand loader and hope to tackle it myself. Just looking for some guidance on what to break first. I'm in deep south Texas near Harlingen and Brownsville and about a 3 wood shot from the "River", and have no one near, that I feel comfortable with, to work on it. HELP!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top