JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was first large caliber I ever fired. I was 14 or 15 and made a heck of an impression.
I always wanted one of my own.
always wanted a M-1, M-1a, M-1 Carbine, 4.2 inch mortar, 57mm recoil less rifle. and a ........................etc.

Last Edited:
I competed in 1000 yard shooting with one in the late 40s and early 50s. I have hunted with one since the late 40s. Mine will still shoot less than a minute, if my loads are right and I do my job.

Pops

I have an 03-A3 with a scant C stock, and other than Lyman 57S peeps fore and aft and some bedding it is under a minute with 52gr 4350 and Sierra 168gr match. I shot out the original 2 groove and now have a new 4 groove, no difference in accuracy at all. 47gr 4064 does well also and 4895 loads are dirty but seem to recoil less.

Did DCM stuff with it way back before we switched to M-1's, then the AR

Wouldn't trade it for anything-

03-A3springfield.jpg

I'm trying to find someone to swap an sks with a gob of ammo and accesories,for a 1903 shooter,springfield or a good 03A3.Not having much luck though.

My cousin has one and he is going to trade for a neighbors sks (no ammo)

i'm going to have to talk to him though as after researching these it probably worth more than his neighbors sks

I have 1 origenal and 1 ((sporter)dads who passed a year ago July 4th).

The origenal is 1942 war club and looks every bit like it has been through ****. But shoots great. I was thinking of restoring it, but will have to wait. Too many projects right now.

The sporter not sure what year (covered by scope mount) shoots great as well even with the barrel cut down to 19".

I had an 03-A3 that was built to be a light match/heavy hunter. The chamber was THE 1k meter round at the time, the 30-.338.
It was a sweet shooter, from an accuracy standpoint. I had a couple 3 shot groups @ 200 meters that were literally one ragged hole with 180SMK's. It would push a 200gr SMK to 3kfps with no problem.
The only problem was it killed on both ends. I think now it was a stock problem that could have been remedied rather cheaply, but it got away from me.
If anyone knows what happened to the inventory at Valiant Arms (in Eugene) when he went under, I would be grateful to the point of reward.
That's where it was last. I had left it with him on consignment. Attempts to track it down were finally abandoned.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top