JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have these two rifles that are taking up space and need to find a new home. Unfortunately they were well, or not so well, sporterized. Both were drilled for scopes and still have old Burris glass on them. Barrels are both worn and pitted. What is a fair value for a receiver / bolt and floor plate? 20200228_193511.jpg 20200215_165710.jpg 20200215_172927.jpg 20200228_204137.jpg 20200228_200522.jpg 20200228_200508.jpg 20200228_200612.jpg

Gun values vary wildly and in many cases can be subjective as well.
This is especially true when the question is about a sporterized military rifle.

I would say that where I live ...if you wanted to sell these rifles...
A price of $125-$225 , might be had.
Bore condition would play a large role here as well as if the actions are worth saving....
Andy

Gun values vary wildly and in many cases can be subjective as well.
This is especially true when the question is about a sporterized military rifle.

I would say that where I live ...if you wanted to sell these rifles...
A price of $125-$225 , might be had.
Bore condition would play a large role here as well as if the actions are worth saving....
Andy
They need to be rebarreled. I think the only value is if someone wants to build a rifle on that action.

Well If had to guess...actions only...
Maybe $50-$100...
Again location may mean a different value...as well as timing.
Like say if a article or you tube gun guy was making a sporter , that sorta thing....
Andy

@MountainBear is kind of the local 1903 Springfield Expert and could give you a accurate value, but I believe Andy's estimates would be about what to expect!
BTW, the top rifle you posted would be worth more if you have all the parts for that rear sight! That sight alone is probably at least $50 to $70 by it self!

@MountainBear is kind of the local 1903 Springfield Expert and could give you a accurate value, but I believe Andy's estimates would be about what to expect!
BTW, the top rifle you posted would be worth more if you have all the parts for that rear sight! That sight alone is probably at least $50 to $70 by it self!
That's all I have for it

I agree with Andy.
The bottom metal for 1903 has good value, the 03a3 bottom metal less so. The receivers can always be welded up and either drilled and tapped again or have the roll stamp touched up and restored. The triggers and other small parts also have value, even if someone doesn't put much value in receivers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top