JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This seemingly is a case of one group of knuckleheads acting out at not being able to confront another group of knuckleheads...

According to the Oregonian newspaper, "counter protesters" had gathered to confront a rumored KKK/white supremacy rally that never happened... Rumored, cancelled, conflicting social engagements, whatever. The KKK didn't show so the "counter protesters felt they needed to... Well, I'm honestly not certain what they felt they needed to do. But they are clearly not part of the solution... Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

It's all exasperatingly stupid! The rule of law has gone out the window, and the ANTIFA can control what ever they want! It's not that the police are powerless to stop it, it's that the city leaders order the police not to interfere! It's easier to let ANTIFA run amok and do bad, then it is to arrest and charge them! It looks bad when you arrest a bunch of protesters for protesting! It doesn't matter that the protesters are in the wrong or causing damage, it's their right to do so! And those who counter protest are seen as the real evil, if only they had let ANTIFA alone to do their thing!

It's convoluted and so stupid to pander to them, but that's what we get with the party in charge!
God forbid we actually enforced the law and did what is supposed to be done! But it won't happen until the leadership changes and forces compliance with the law!

On the same note, recall that the Oregonian stopped allowing online feedback for its articles and opinion pieces. They claimed it was because they spent too much money paying people to check for harassing and hateful content. Not what I observed. I saw plenty of hateful content directed towards posters who stated conservative and pro-gun views.

Foxnews.com has stopped providing commentary for SOME articles. I think they know what people are gonna say. And anything with women in it is treated mercilessly by other women. Go figure. :rolleyes: Fox censors must work overtime, noting all the deleted comments, but there is still quite a lot of hate. I enjoy doing battle there to keep my mind sharp (good luck), but in general the attacks/trolls are fairly dramatic. And yes, the worst comments are towards conservative viewpoints. Even there. I often wonder why lefties are there... just to sharpen their tools I suppose!!

It's convoluted and so stupid to pander to them, but that's what we get with the party in charge!
God forbid we actually enforced the law and did what is supposed to be done! But it won't happen until the leadership changes and forces compliance with the law!

Sooooo, never eh?

It's all a big bomb ready to blow and I wouldn't want to be near it. YMMV.

Near it? From what I'm seeing, the whole country, regardless of geographical location, is sitting squarely on top of it. And it will either go off or be brought much closer to going off if Trump gets reelected and the Republicans gain any ground in the House or Senate.

My wife and I were discussing this morning how demographics in La Grande are changing. We are becoming a bedroom community for Bend... not the old Bend, but the new Bend. Good old conservative La Grande was taken over years ago by the University leaders, now we have homeless, a Warming Station, high rents, and a growing population comprised of retired and welfare recipients... quite the dichotomy.

That is what I have been trying to tell you. If SB1538 passes, get ready for a maze of "Gun Free" Zones including all real estate owned by EOU, and around buildings owned by State, County, City, plus the Hospital. Good luck getting across town without becoming a fellon.

Near it? From what I'm seeing, the whole country, regardless of geographical location, is sitting squarely on top of it. And it will either go off or be brought much closer to going off if Trump gets reelected and the Republicans gain any ground in the House or Senate.
Like Bloomberg, Sanders or Warren would be an improvement. Let's get this party started.
#TRUMP2020

Not at all bashing the officers - they have marching orders.
But our 'system' does not work as many believe it does.

"What I do know is , that if you have to wear a mask when doing something....you probably shouldn't be doing it."

- Not everyone loves the taste of mace in their face. :rolleyes:
Ya, knitted ski mask are real efficient mace stoppers!:confused:

Until one of 'em get's capped...

I am pleasantly surprised at the level of restraint that is shown to ANTIFA and the like , by law abiding gun owners.
Just goes to show the truth behind the famous meme of :
There more than 393 million guns owned by civilians ...if we were the problem...you'd know about it.
( Or others to that affect )
Andy

Protest as a means to an end is an American tradition. Been doin' it since King George III... Totally support it.

Protest for the sake of protest is worse than idiotic, it's a danger to society as we know it. Which seems to be precisely Antifa's intent. They don't appear to want to move the dial in a particular direction, they want to destroy the dial. No thought for what comes next, just trash the system.

Not a lot of deep thinkers in that group...

Tis the season for prophylactic regurgitation of advice
Wash your hands, don't touch your face, don't touch them, stay outta crowds, don't touch kids cause you know where they go, dogs are ok someone told me they were antiseptic. stay outta hospitals. Consult Tac and don't go on a cruise ship.

I am pleasantly surprised at the level of restraint that is shown to ANTIFA and the like , by law abiding gun owners.
There more than 393 million guns owned by civilians ...if we were the problem...you'd know about it.
Andy
Word.

Andy
I dont know about you but a gang of masked men charge me and spray me with mace..im not waiting to see if they are going to beat me to death afterward so im spraying back but i dont cary mace.

Last Edited:
It's only a matter of time until one of them gets shot. There's already at least one video of a beating because of traffic blocking. That's not going to be a good day, though might be a good reminder that they're still mortal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top