JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So what is that video about? Were those Portland police? Why wasn't he showing the uniformed guys? Not much info here.

Edit: I hope this guy doesn't quit his day job. Videography isn't his strong suit........

o_O

I agree ...
Watched twice...still not sure what the point of the video is or just what was going on in it.

What I do know is , that if you have to wear a mask when doing something....you probably shouldn't be doing it.
Andy

A journalist gets attacked for reporting on a mob...
The mob attacks journalist - journalist retreats to the steps of city hall and gathering of officers for protection - cops tell him they won't help.

Not at all bashing the officers - they have marching orders.
But our 'system' does not work as many believe it does.

"What I do know is , that if you have to wear a mask when doing something....you probably shouldn't be doing it."

- Not everyone loves the taste of mace in their face. :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is how a mob of Masked bad guys can run around like they own the town. How are these guys any different then any other GANG of criminals. This whole thing defies logic.

Not at all bashing the officers - they have marching orders.
But our 'system' does not work as many believe it does.

"What I do know is , that if you have to wear a mask when doing something....you probably shouldn't be doing it."

- Not everyone loves the taste of mace in their face. :rolleyes:
What I meant by my comment was that , if you have to hide your face...when doing something ...then you are in the wrong....

Unless , quoting me was meant in fun...then...
Some folks may think that pepper spray is a condiment....:eek: :D
Andy

Very little chance of Portland police using Mace. However, civilians are defending themselves with pepper spray.

This is why AntiFA wear masks: (shown defacing war memorial)

Portlandpolice_1.jpg

Anti-fascist protest in Oregon leads to 3 arrests, suspect sought for defacing war memorial

Very little chance of Portland police using Mace. However, civilians are defending themselves with pepper spray.

View attachment 658395

Anti-fascist protest in Oregon leads to 3 arrests, suspect sought for defacing war memorial
Portland has devolved into nothing more than a cesspool... And that's in just the 15 years I've been here...

Me, my wallet and my sidearm stay clear of Portland at all costs. Portland politicians seem to caters to the street defecants, they can keep them, just keep them the he!! in Portland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to the cameraman (and other observers) wearing the masks. More spraying *by* Afa than LEO.
AFWIW - alot of these guys are bragging about finding sources for industrial strength CS... :eek:

View attachment 658395

Off Topic...sorry for the digression.

Some of the best "War Memorials" are ...Veterans.
Take the time to say Hi and Thank you to one...a little kindness shown does no one any harm.
And now back to our original thread...
Andy

Portland has devolved into nothing more than a cesspool... And that's in just the 15 years I've been here...

Me, my wallet and my sidearm stay clear of Portland at all costs. Portland politicians seem to caters to the street defecants, they can keep them, just keep them the he!! in Portland.

My wife and I were discussing this morning how demographics in La Grande are changing. We are becoming a bedroom community for Bend... not the old Bend, but the new Bend. Good old conservative La Grande was taken over years ago by the University leaders, now we have homeless, a Warming Station, high rents, and a growing population comprised of retired and welfare recipients... quite the dichotomy.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't understand is how a mob of Masked bad guys can run around like they own the town. How are these guys any different then any other GANG of criminals. This whole thing defies logic.

Bingo.

I don't understand any of what is going on, and it all looks really sad and pathetic. Groups of bored useful idiots with nothing to do but go out in public and yell and break stuff.

I'm alarmed that the private citizen who simply wants to take video was told to leave as though HIS rights are trumped by the trouble makers. But I get it, the police are lazy and don't want to do more work so just telling the individual to leave instead.

It's all very sad and depressing and annoying at the same time. I support the 1A but not when it interferes with others peoples' rights. Blocking areas, blocking traffic, running off journalists thru intimidation or threat or actual use of force, all a big no-no.

Then there was that journalist who drew a handgun in defense of a mob and HE went to jail.

It's all a big bomb ready to blow and I wouldn't want to be near it. YMMV.

My wife and I were discussing this morning how demographics in La Grande are changing. We are becoming a bedroom community for Bend... not the old Bend, but the new Bend. Good old conservative La Grande was taken over years ago by the University leaders, now we have homeless, a Warming Station, high rents, and a growing population comprised of retired and welfare recipients... quite the dichotomy.
The systematic destruction of America. It's what happens when one party, that shall remain unnamed(per forum rules), remains in power for an extended period of time. Look at all the major metropolitan areas they have controlled for decades, all sh!tholes...

Bingo.

I don't understand any of what is going on, and it all looks really sad and pathetic. Groups of bored useful idiots with nothing to do but go out in public and yell and break stuff.

I'm alarmed that the private citizen who simply wants to take video was told to leave as though HIS rights are trumped by the trouble makers. But I get it, the police are lazy and don't want to do more work so just telling the individual to leave instead.

It's all very sad and depressing and annoying at the same time. I support the 1A but not when it interferes with others peoples' rights. Blocking areas, blocking traffic, running off journalists thru intimidation or threat or actual use of force, all a big no-no.

Then there was that journalist who drew a handgun in defense of a mob and HE went to jail.

It's all a big bomb ready to blow and I wouldn't want to be near it. YMMV.
They'll keep this up until somebody blocks the wrong vehicle, and said driver fires upon said protestor, it's coming, surprises it hasn't happened yet...

What I meant by my comment was that , if you have to hide your face...when doing something ...then you are in the wrong....

Unless , quoting me was meant in fun...then...
Some folks may think that pepper spray is a condiment....:eek: :D
Andy

I would NEVER have imagined using pepper spray as a prophylactic for my phallus.... usually my face exposed in bright light would preclude the whole affair!

:D

A change in public policy requires a public outcry. A public outcry requires public knowledge of the thing to cry about. The people who control what "news" gets reported versus ignored are sympathetic with (and afraid of) the ANTIFA and other hate groups. So the news doesn't trigger that outcry.

On the same note, recall that the Oregonian stopped allowing online feedback for its articles and opinion pieces. They claimed it was because they spent too much money paying people to check for harassing and hateful content. Not what I observed. I saw plenty of hateful content directed towards posters who stated conservative and pro-gun views. I think they shut it down because there was too much dissent from their editorial position and biased stories.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews