JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Even an empty tube with an end cap will knock the sound down quite a bit.
Got it !
I am 'suppressor challenged' - no real experience with them - shot a couple and been around them a bit.
Heck I have actually considered making one as a lathe project - legally of course if I did - just haven't really gotten serious about it.

If you are buying the parts from overseas (eBay)I can almost guarantee a visit from the big 3. ATF,FBI, AND EVEN DEA! I know a local guy who got that visit last month. Caught the stuff coming through customs and followed it home.
*You have been warned*

If you are buying the parts from overseas (eBay)I can almost guarantee a visit from the big 3. ATF,FBI, AND EVEN DEA! I know a local guy who got that visit last month. Caught the stuff coming through customs and followed it home.
*You have been warned*
Hundred of tons of illegal drugs going unintercepted through the international mail and they catch a tube?

I know people too. No visits from any alphabet agencies in years of trying.

This does have me excited, I'm going to look at the form 1 this week and then once I get approval order some parts. Definitely don't want to risk any issues.

can you do more than 1 at a time? Is it same form, with $200 for each one or separate forms?

I would consider submitting an e-file Form 1 for a can, and once I had the stamp buy the threaded solvent trap, get it engraved, then buy the oil filter.
This is the right way to do this. Assuming anyone lives were they can have a suppressor and wants to legally make one, start the process first. After you get the Stamp, build away. No reason to have the parts sitting there before you have the OK. Probably would never be a problem but why take the risk. At best if BATF for any reason took in interest in the person the best they could hope for is very expensive legal hassles.

Sooo.....if people are going to do it legally and submit a form 1, why mess around with "solvent traps"?

Sooo.....if people are going to do it legally and submit a form 1, why mess around with "solvent traps"?
I have done it, made my own, long ago for the fun and cost. Have to guess it's still the same now that for most,the part that has the numbers is what matters. We would take a tube we had papered and play from there. So if someone wants to get a stamp for a tube then they can play with insides unless this has changed. I have often wondered about the high cost of a lot of the stuff on the market now for small calibers. Seems to be very high for what is involved in making these. Of course I would have to guess that most of this stuff being bought like these filters, if it ever is made is of course done illegally. People assuming no one will come after them and I am sure a lot of them get away with it. I would not want to be the one who gets in trouble. I am sure everyone who does no longer thinks it was worth the fun but little late then. :eek:

Because some of us don't have machining knowledge or equipment available for higher end designs.

Totally understand. So why is it called a "solvent trap" then?

Rhetorical question as we all know the answer. :rolleyes:

^ Nailed it. NFA34 is total horsecrap. But you have to pay to play (and wait, of course). But playing games can, and has, landed people in a Federal Supermax. Good luck with that.

And if one uses a Fram, what exactly do they serialize? See the problem here?
You serialize the adapter.
But in that case you cannot legally replace the filter. You would need to have a SOT holder so it as that would be "repairing" and you cannot do that for a F1 build.

Yup, I've read enough.

There's plenty of info out there regarding such devices and how to acquire, build and use them LEGALLY.

Be safe and follow the laws, or you may need a large supply of soap on a rope.

CLOSED.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top