JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fwiw, Federal & American Eagle have already adopted the term MSR.

download (7).jpeg

Isnt this a NFA forum so the term Assault rifle, as defined by the military as a select fire rifle capable of full auto is correct?

I prefer battle rifle though. Sounds much more viking.

Isnt this a NFA forum so the term Assault rifle, as defined by the military as a select fire rifle capable of full auto is correct?

I prefer battle rifle though. Sounds much more viking.
I didn't even notice this was in the NFA section... :oops:

You are correct, "Assault Rifle" is a valid term, though the more generic term "Machine gun" might be a better term, so as to include belt-fed weapons.

I can't really recall hearing the term "Assault Rifle" while in the Army either...
I do remember terms like Automatic gunfire / automatic weapon or names of firearms like AK47 etc...
Granted its been a few days since I got out and I might not be remembering right.

Personally I dislike the term "Assault Rifle" when used to describe any Semi Automatic rifle of any type or make , design etc...
Andy

Or "Modern Muskets"

This.

It is just the exact opposite of 'Assault Rifles' in connotation and puts a humorous spin on it, taking a jab at anti-gunners.

I am a long time member and frequent visitor to AdvRider.com, and they put a humorous spin on all of their forum names and rules and so on. E.G., "Shiny Things", "Face Plant", "GSpot" (BMW GS bikes), "Orange Crush" (KTM). The call it the "Asylum" as a nickname, members are "inmates" and the official greeting is flipping the bird.

We could use a little more humor here and a poke at anti-gunners wouldn't hurt.

"Modern Muskets"...
I do get the humor here...and I have no issue with others using the term.
But I personally dislike the term and won't use it myself.

With that said , the term does make a valid point....
Many muskets or smoothbores that were made or modified to have "military features" , such as a bayonet lug and common caliber were very popular and often were required to be owned in 18th and 19th century America.
In fact , one could have been fined for showing up to Militia Muster without a firearm that had such features or even the required number of cartridges.
How times have changed...and in this case , not for the better.
Andy

I would just combine "Assault Rifles" and "Submachine guns" into one category called "Machine Guns" or "Full-Auto". The reality is NWFA isn't large enough to separate out machine guns into different types and have any sort of content.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top