JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well now after making a fool of myself and of all of my computer knowledge / NWFA site wizardly ....
I'll go back to the world of flintlocks and cap locks ...you know real guns....:eek::D

To the OP who questioned the title of the sub forum...
I can understand your concern and agree that you make a good point / argument.
I would suggest that you contact Joe Link.
Andy

I would just combine "Assault Rifles" and "Submachine guns" into one category called "Machine Guns" or "Full-Auto". The reality is NWFA isn't large enough to separate out machine guns into different types and have any sort of content.

Agreed with this. "Machine-gun" would be the legal definition, so that would likely fit the best considering the naming convention of the others.

There are, of course, StG-44s, AK-47s and the like on the registry. But sharing a section with the rest of the MGs makes sense.

Isnt this a NFA forum so the term Assault rifle, as defined by the military as a select fire rifle capable of full auto is correct?

I prefer battle rifle though. Sounds much more viking.

This is what I was thinking when naming the subforum, but I'm definitely willing to change it :)

What do you guys think of combining this and Submachine Guns into a section called "Machine Guns"?

IMHO....it doesn't matter how we label, define, name, categorize, or list them. THE LEFTIES want them all!!!!!!

Of course, but there are intelligent people in the middle (on the fence) and there are people who don't know the difference between a machine pistol, sub-machine gun, light machine gun, machine gun and a heavy machine gun.

Select Fire covers most of those (there are some full auto guns which are full auto only, and therefore are technically not select fire as you can't select semi-auto), but it does cover most, and most gun people will understand, and I prefer the term because it gets most people thinking along the technical lines of the category of firearms.

My personal opinion.

I blame the magazine rack at the local Safeway. For years gun magazines headlined there front cover with "Assault Rifle this" or "assault rifle that" every month. Always trying to one up each other's for sales. For years I never seen anything else other then the ugly black "assault rifle" on the covers. All their cool factor scarry branding is putting the screws to us now. My local stores always had the gun magazines right at the front of the shelf for big sales.

Just my .02

AR-15 the 'AR' stands for Assault Rifle?:eek: The AR is a Highpower Competition Service Rifle capable
of perfect scores out to 600 yards.:rolleyes: DRRC 600 yard line.
G_SWUu8WPPMseDyd9-ueSpi1GH0Pqp-xHH6k9Q7IfkQwydxXKOQIfJ4Fkf8WuEsU1x43gvfhufc4jnXkYWQ=w834-h625-no.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top