JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats ridiculous that the guy got fired for protecting corporate property that isnt even his own. I'd throw my hands up and say "take it all man....."

Now this I too would be all in on. If that was me? I would be likely to pull out the cash drawer and lay it on the counter. As long as he stayed the hell away from me with that weapon? Great, take the damn money. It's not mine, the stores like this expect to lose a certain amount this way.
Back when gas stations first went to self serve buddy got his first real job at one. The then new design where the clerk is in the middle of a bunch of pumps. He had late shift. Guy walks up sticks pistol through window says cash. He pulled the drawer out and laid it on the counter and stepped back. Guy told him, "don't be a smart a$$, put it in a bag. He told me at the time he was not trying to be anything close, he was just trying to not get shot. He said that gun looked like a cannon looking down the wrong end. I for the life of me do not understand clerks shooting or chasing people who run out of the store with beer. They are literally risking their life for this.

The Plaid panty on 162nd and Sandy has the little window you get your stuff from after it gets dark.
For some reason they won't let you in after dark.
I would suggest not getting out of your car either and just keep going.
160 deuce and Sandy...gee wiz, I can't imagine what the problem might be there. :confused:

There was a shooting a while back by a security guard. I think it was in Salem possibly at a mall parking lot. Even though that employee was permitted and expected to be armed he/she was prosecuted for shooting the victim as it was unjustified. I can't remember the specifics beyond that but you can bet the employer is facing law suits.
My first instinct when I heard this story was to boycott Plaid Pantry but if the clerk had made a stupid move (and even though most of us including myself like how he handled the situation) Plaid Pantry would be liable even in future possible incidents. Until juries stop awarding in opposition to gun rights in civil cases, that's just the way it is.

I live really close to there too.. glad the clerk has some sense to carry, especially with the shady people that are always hanging around there.
Would hit you with a , "like", but I'm too blind-pissed to find the button:mad:. Corporate cowards. PC powderpuff plaid pantry pansy pickin' puddle jumpin pooty packers. forgetaboutit..beer.. GoFundMe?..Kid probably needs the dough.

id rather have armed employees than dead employees and then getting sued by the families.

The hard part is finding people willing to work for $12 per hour that you would trust with a loaded firearm. Anyone who has the training to handle a gun in a stressful situation will quickly find another place to work.

The hard part is finding people willing to work for $12 per hour that you would trust with a loaded firearm. Anyone who has the training to handle a gun in a stressful situation will quickly find another place to work.
i remember when $12/hr was like hittin a gold mine.

Guy should get after a pro bono / aclu attorney and sue the snot out of plaid pantry for not having a safe space to work, if they are not allowing personal defense....
I AGREE! while I normally can not abide the ACLU slime; this particular situation might just warrant their sort of underhanded tactics. At the very least the clerk might get a settlement, in lieu of unemployment and a possible chance at another job.

I ABSOLUTELY support CC at work; this is only one case-in-point supporting that position. Just think if someone had had a CC on the Max train a couple of years ago; we wouldn't still be waiting on Multnomah County to go to trial on the Racist Murderer.

Guy should get after a pro bono / aclu attorney and sue the snot out of plaid pantry for not having a safe space to work, if they are not allowing personal defense....

I heard the guy was fired too.

Does the ACLU still defend the civil liberties of gun owners (like they did in the 50's/60's)?

I know my neighbor works for the ACLU and if that dude ever saw an actual gun he would uncontrollably urinate all over himself and start crying.

See above. Guy lost his job for defending himself.

Tough call here. If I were the clerk, I would have done the exact thing, probably MORE, as his life was in danger. B U T BUT BUT... He should have never worked there to begin with. I wouldn't have taken the job if I wasn't allowed to defend myself. If I was the store owner, I would have congratulated the hell out of the clerk, maybe made an exception for his bravery, BUT still enforce the policy of his choosing which is NO GUNS. He DOES have the right to set such policy and the clerk has the right to get employment elsewhere.

Last Edited:
Is that confirmed? Or suspected?

I wouldn't put it by the pansies at corp to fire a guy for protecting his own life. Hell, if I worked in a job like that I would definitely be carrying - corp. policy be damned. Can always get another, better, job, somewhere else.
He SHOULD HAVE found a different job to begin with. I wouldn't work in a place with such policies BUT the fact still remains that he violated the "laws of the store". I'm from NYC. Guess what happens if you use a gun ( or a knife ) to defend yourself in NYC. YOU are charged and will be convicted AND WILL SERVE TIME for carrying a concealed deadly weapon !!! We have our 2nd amendment rights and then we also have laws. Smarten up or face jail time. You can't do what you feel like, ESPECIALLY when it comes to CCW. Go carry a CCW in a post office, courthouse, bank, etc. and see what happens if you draw that weapon or some little old lady sees that weapon sticking out of your pants, NO MATTER your reason, you will serve time! This isn't the wild wild west nor is it hollywood. Want to see your rights disappear right in front of your very eyes ... violate the law in any way with your pistola !!! Bravado will get you jail time. And even if you are not convicted and they set you free, you will have spent tens of thousands of dollars on legal and attorney fees. Go ask a defense attorney. What most people do not realize is that if you pull the trigger and shoot someone who you feel is about to take your life, and if the DA decides to press charges against you because his office doesn't see it your way, it will cost you upwards of $25,000 just to defend yourself and thats if you don't even go to court. If you're charged with a felony homicide 2nd degree, and do go to trial, it will cost you two or even three times that amount. BEFORE you even think about pulling the trigger, you need to be very aware of "what happens next". Its not hollywood. A CCW permit is or can be a very dangerous thing, especially to people who don't know their rights and what the law allows and doesn't allow.

Un fortunately the incident would still be on the Company video!

Yes depending on what kind of system they use and how much memory it may hold for a month or more. You really think that assuming the store is open 24/7, that some owner or manager sits in some room all day watching all the video? Even if they put it on 16X or more play speed who would want to sit and watch this or pay someone to do so? Have you ever seen a system like this and what it's like watching days worth of video for no reason?
Now of course once he called 911 it was a done deal. If he just let the guy leave and said nothing? Chances are he could have pretended like it never happened. No one would be the wiser. Still of course the best thing to do in this case would be just set the cash on the counter and let the doper have it. As long as he stayed on that side of the counter he could have never pulled his gun. Really matters little since it was no doubt a min wage job that he could get another in 5 minutes.

What he should do is go down and sign with the local LE. I imagine this video would be a good substitute for a letter of introduction. The pay should be better as well :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top