JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, ok folks. No need for politics discussion here.;)

Just for the *good things* - guns, language, some of the beer, though i don't drink anymore. But we can stick to the language and the guns. Haha.

The only Russian I've ever known was the cook in the hotel I worked in as a kid.:)
She made the best pop-overs and omelets I've ever had and she thought it was
quite funny when I would try to read her Russian news paper. :rolleyes:
I guess, like some, I could think a lot differently, but luckily after 8 years in the military,
I never heard a shot fired in anger.:cool:

I've always loved languages, have a knack for it but have been too busy/lazy to dive in an accomplish any sort of fluency. As a result I speak a little of several. My pronunciation is generally very good but my vocabulary very small. I embarrass myself when I try out what I've learned around any native speakers.

We had some Russian contractors at work installing some new equipment. I greeted them in Russian and they started talking to me. I felt pretty stupid when I had to tell them I had no idea what they were saying!

I've always loved languages, have a knack for it but have been too busy/lazy to dive in an accomplish any sort of fluency. As a result I speak a little of several. My pronunciation is generally very good but my vocabulary very small. I embarrass myself when I try out what I've learned around any native speakers.

We had some Russian contractors at work installing some new equipment. I greeted them in Russian and they started talking to me. I felt pretty stupid when I had to tell them I had no idea what they were saying!

But - could you tell them *in russian*? Hahaha. First things i learned were извините пожалуйста. Я не понимаю. Говорите очень медленно." And "как есть, так есть"
Excuse me please, i don't understand. Speak VERY slowly, and eh - it is what it is. Haha.

Jdt6FuD.jpg

But - could you tell them *in russian*?
Barely. They laughed at me when I told them the first phrase I learned in Russian was "I want ice cream".

Their English was much better than my Russian.

I was in Taiwan once, years ago, and I thought it would be fun to try to learn Chinese. I didn't learn very much at all, but it was fun talking to some Taiwanese folks who were learning English.

One evening we were walking around the neighborhood (big industrial port city in Taiwan). An elderly Chinese gent was working on a motorcycle on the sidewalk in front of a small business. As we strolled by he looked up and smiled, "Nihao!" I smiled back and said "Nihao!"
He got a huge grin on his face, said "Hello!" I chuckled and said "Hello!" in return. I sure wish I had known a little Mandarin. It would have been fun to have a conversation.

Haha @CLT65 i dig it. I'm just an avid learner, in general, and i like languages, to boot. Was trained for Arabic in the army.
But yeah, if i hear someone speaking a foreign language in the grocery store, i am known to follow them at a respectful distance until i can pin down the language, and then try to introduce myself and say hello in whichever language it is. Makes for some amusing conversations as i embarass myself.

Haha @CLT65 i dig it. I'm just an avid learner, in general, and i like languages, to boot. Was trained for Arabic in the army.
But yeah, if i hear someone speaking a foreign language in the grocery store, i am known to follow them at a respectful distance until i can pin down the language, and then try to introduce myself and say hello in whichever language it is. Makes for some amusing conversations as i embarass myself.

I do the same thing to hot chicks in yoga pants.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top