JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Up for consideration is a nice example of a rarely seen 3rd Generation Smith & Wesson.

This is a 3906 and they were only made between 1989-1991. There were three variations: with adjustable sights, standard fixed sights and Novak fixed sights...somewhere around 3,000 are believed to of been made, with the Novak sighted examples being the scarcest. Luckily, S&W made parts interchangeable throughout much of it's 3rd Gen line, so parts & mags are still available...even factory direct. This 3906 is DA/SA, all stainless, full size and single stack. It weighs approximately 35oz and has a 4" barrel.

This gun came about right when the "wondernine" craze was really starting to spread, and is the reason for such a short life in the lineup. Sales of this 9+1 pistol couldn't compare to sales of S&W's 15+1 Model 5906...along with the other higher capacity 9's hitting the market. Both the 3906 and 5906 are known for their extreme reliability and ruggedness.

Fast forward to today and many people are starting to appreciate flatter and lighter carry guns. Perhaps 10 rounds of 9mm really aren't that inadequate! Many people, even like myself with large hands, appreciate the ergonomics of this slim single stack gun compared to it's fatter 5906 doublestack brother. S&W's 3rd Gen line as a whole is starting to gain more respect, as they were made to a higher standard and with better materials than the mass produced guns common today.

These are great guns, but it just seems like I can't find too much love for the semi-automatic pistol :/ It came to me with some dried on super glue on the dust cover that I removed (previous owner glued on a laser sight, completely ridiculous), so there is a little evidence of where I polished it off, but it's not too noticeable as seen in the photos...other than that, this pistol appears close to new. I'd guess whoever owned it before me only fired a magazine or two and never carried it. Extremely clean, inside and out. Gun would come with (2) 9 round magazines and a nwot Bianchi Model 6 IWB holster.

Not in a huge rush to sell, more interested in a trade really. I'm interested in older (1950-1996) S&W revolvers in .38, .357 & .22...blued or stainless. Sale price would be six hundred. I'm also passively looking for a Calico Liberty III pistol. I don't have to get rid of this gun and it took me quite a while to find, so I don't have any issue holding onto it.

Looking specifically for, in order of precedence:

• 3" Model 65
• NY1 Model 64
• NY1 Model 60
• 3" Model 64
• 4" Model 617
• 2" Model 63
• Model 43c
• 2" Model 64
• .38 Special S&W Victory
• No Dash 64
• CEN-prefix +P+ Marked Model 640
• Pre-MIM Model 042/442/642
• Bobbed Hammer Model 37-2
• Shooter-grade 3.5" Model 27
• Shooter-grade 5" Model 27
• Jovino or Jovino-esque .45 or .357
+ All offers of blued or stainless .22/.38/.357 No-lock S&W's considered, but the guns listed above will take precedence.

Thanks for looking.
-Rob

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top