JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pushing control instead of freedom may explain some of paper’s losses - National gun rights | Examiner.com
September 29, 2013
<broken link removed>

The gun advocates are winning, and now want concealed weapons in Ohio college classrooms,

” a hand-wringing anti-gun rant by Brent Larkin, retired editorial director for Cleveland’s

The Plain Dealer bemoaned. “For those keeping score, the National Rifle Association is winning.”

The NRA isn't the one winning, it's the people themselves that are winning!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Now I'm not an NRA basher, in fact I'm a life member, BUT the SAF has been leading the charge and the NRA has been following - Heller, McDonald, etc...

I also belong to SAF, GOA, CCRKBA

Good for NRA and SAF!
Folks bash the NRA because they perceive another org leading the charge in a battle.
Mature view of the situation is to maintain blocking action as another unit passes through NRA lines.
Stepping in to assist as needed like the recent Colorado recalls.
Money is tight and organizations are mostly funded by member donations.
If another org throws their wallet into the fight, NRA spends elsewhere.

NRA Life, CRPA Life, MCA

In this case, the NRA winning IS the people winning. They may have some help, or be the group that is just helping, but either way, it is good to see positive momentum.

I liked to think of it as each gun-rights advocacy org is a different tool in the box, but Rick's comparison about different roles on a football team is an even better one. The NRA is both Offensive and Defensive Line. GOA and JPFO are, to my gut, the guys going extra-deep and distracting the other team's D. SAF/CCRKBA and Heller's plaintiffs are the ones who actively run the football...

Good for NRA and SAF!
Folks bash the NRA because they perceive another org leading the charge in a battle.
Mature view of the situation is to maintain blocking action as another unit passes through NRA lines.
Stepping in to assist as needed like the recent Colorado recalls.
Money is tight and organizations are mostly funded by member donations.
If another org throws their wallet into the fight, NRA spends elsewhere.

NRA Life, CRPA Life, MCA

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews