JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Replaced the ignition coils and plugs on the bimmer X5. At mid 50's it becomes a good core/full body/cardio workout..especially when you drop a socket in the engine bay and spend 1/2 hour trying to find where it went

Replaced the ignition coils and plugs on the bimmer X5. At mid 50's it becomes a good core/full body/cardio workout..especially when you drop a socket in the engine bay and spend 1/2 hour trying to find where it went
Mid 50s here as well, and I know exactly what you mean. This winter I rebuilt my motorcycle engine and had screws and bolts magically dissappear into an unseen black hole.

I'm riding the bench on the iL. My movements are very calculated and limited. After well over a million miles in tractor trailers, sprinkle in some additional miles in log trucks and rock trucks my left knee, throwing/shooting shoulder, and back are roached. My most recent payroll collecting gig was in a rock truck, some days buckled up to a 4-axle pup. With the pup I was permitted to run up to 105,500. Long highway miles blended in with offroad miles and I'm a hurtrin unit. This last gig I had to really limit myself to being a professional steering wheel holder. Hooking up my pup resulted in day ending pain. But I'd just stuff myself up there in the bear cave and grab gears. On top of that, I had an active addict at home and that put me into a mental tailspin knowing our home was not secure while I was away for work. I begged off of any hardscape boulder deliveries that would send me up north or out to Hillsboro so I could stay close to home in the event my neighbors called to tell me the coke/meth ants were walking away with the house, or it was burning to the ground. I even had to go as far as Apple air tagging my dog (already chipped) because I was convinced a door would be left open along with all the other unsecured windows or doors that weren't ever being latched or locked. Coupled with my back issues, my brain was overloaded too. On my very last day of work in March my stepson moved out of state. Thank God! The weight lifted off my heart and brain that afternoon was the light at the end of the tunnel that I severely needed. I didn't celebrate due to the circumstances, but life was taking a better route. With my back destroyed and some free time, my Garand (<see what I did there) plan was to start taking over the evening dog walking duties. My hound wasn't in dire need of new gear, but I wanted to rig him up with some fresh duds. I ordered him a new harness, collar, and leash. On the first night my wife went with us to bring me up to speed on his hydrant tagging and landmine placement routes. Well, I made it a whole 900' and my back did its thing and seized up like solid concrete and I had to send them on their way while I waddled back to the house doing the walk of shame. I tried a few more walks and decided to talk to my primary MD. I asked if she could get me into physical therapy. She sent me for a few lower back Kodaks and diagnosed me with degenerative disc disease. She predicted an MRI would show more detailed damage but for now we'd hold off and go with plan A. PT made me worse, and I had to reschedule 2 slots to get mobile again. This week we're going to try some different Gumby poses and see where I end up. I'm not avoiding (surgery) the inevitable. If my PT visit sends me backwards again this week. I'll have the MRI scheduled. Being hardheaded while knowing I never come out of anesthesia without trying to kill everybody in the recovery room, I'm still going to push through all of this because I'm not ready to lay down and die or having to live off the disability teat. I don't have any aspirations of being that guy, especially at the age of 51. I want to get back to hunting, surfing, skateboarding, rockhounding, and other active outdoors stuff with my family. My truck/crutch can't go everywhere, and I'd rather not surf in it. I'll get my sheet together sooner than later. I'm on the right track to a healthier body and mind.

Last Edited:
I've been liking on this guy recently.
A 30 second short..

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/7wBbBXIcMQ0?feature=shared
I like that guy also, but sorry, these days #1 is Obesity and Poor Nutrition not age. Yes, age definitely sucks, but I know of many 60+ geezers such as myself that would run circles around most 30-somethings, literally. Only because we care about not eating toxins, poisons, pharm drugs, accepting death pokes, you name it.

If one starts taking their discipline seriously when it comes to avoiding all drugs, eating well, etc I would say 4 out of 5 times that person at 60 will be healthier than they were at 30. It is that big of a deal.

In one of his videos he advises guys over 40 to slow down, take it easy with your workouts, you are no spring chicken, etc - to that I say BLAH!

I'm riding the bench on the iL. My movements are very calculated and limited. After well over a million miles in tractor trailers, sprinkle in some additional miles in log trucks and rock trucks my left knee, throwing/shooting shoulder, and back are roached. My most recent payroll collecting gig was in a rock truck, some days buckled up to a 4-axle pup. With the pup I was permitted to run up to 105,500. Long highway miles blended in with offroad miles and I'm a hurtrin unit. This last gig I had to really limit myself to being a professional steering wheel holder. Hooking up my pup resulted in day ending pain. But I'd just stuff myself up there in the bear cave and grab gears. On top of that, I had an active addict at home and that put me into a mental tailspin knowing our home was not secure while I was away for work. I begged off of any hardscape boulder deliveries that would send me up north or out to Hillsboro so I could stay close to home in the event my neighbors called to tell me the coke/meth ants were walking away with the house, or it was burning to the ground. I even had to go as far as Apple air tagging my dog (already chipped) because I was convinced a door would be left open along with all the other unsecured windows or doors that weren't ever being latched or locked. Coupled with my back issues, my brain was overloaded too. On my very last day of work in March my stepson moved out of state. Thank God! The weight lifted off my heart and brain that afternoon was the light at the end of the tunnel that I severely needed. I didn't celebrate due to the circumstances, but life was taking a better route. With my back destroyed and some free time, my Garand (<see what I did there) plan was to start taking over the evening dog walking duties. My hound wasn't in dire need of new gear, but I wanted to rig him up with some fresh duds. I ordered him a new harness, collar, and leash. On the first night my wife went with us to bring me up to speed on his hydrant tagging and landmine placement routes. Well, I made it a whole 900' and my back did its thing and seized up like solid concrete and I had to send them on their way while I waddled back to the house doing the walk of shame. I tried a few more walks and decided to talk to my primary MD. I asked if she could get me into physical therapy. She sent me for a few lower back Kodaks and diagnosed me with degenerative back disease. She predicted an MRI would show more detailed damage but for now we'd hold off and go with plan A. PT made me worse, and I had to reschedule 2 slots to get mobile again. This week we're going to try some different Gumby poses and see where I end up. I'm not avoiding (surgery) the inevitable. If my PT visit sends me backwards again this week. I'll have the MRI scheduled. Being hardheaded while knowing I never come out of anesthesia without trying to kill everybody in the recovery room, I'm still going to push through all of this because I'm not ready to lay down and die or having to live off the disability teat. I don't have any aspirations of being that guy, especially at the age of 51. I want to get back to hunting, surfing, skateboarding, rockhounding, and other active outdoors stuff with my family. My truck/crutch can't go everywhere, and I'd rather not surf in it. I'll get my sheet together sooner than later. I'm on the right track to a healthier body and mind.
You can do it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads