JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was considering placing a bet against Almeda. Romanov 17-2 and has great wrestling but poor cardio. He is good for 1.5 rounds. Probably 30 lbs bigger.

So I decided to wait to see if he shows up like he gives a damn, and that answer is no. A fat blob. Pass.

View attachment 1891008
Yeah, in today's MMA world a fighter can't rely on massive knock-out power alone. Once this guy's gas tank is empty he's done.

Funny thing I've always been a scrappy fighter either in play or not. Have always told friends in the past when we were under threat - biker, country bar usually - "well, I've only got 30 seconds to win, after that an old lady could beat me up". Stamina was never my strength. I totally agree.
30 seconds is FOREVER! Nothing but respect for an MMA fighter going for FIVE rounds - geez that would SUCK.

Funny thing I've always been a scrappy fighter either in play or not. Have always told friends in the past when we were under threat - biker, country bar usually - "well, I've only got 30 seconds to win, after that an old lady could beat me up". Stamina was never my strength. I totally agree.
30 seconds is FOREVER! Nothing but respect for an MMA fighter going for FIVE rounds - geez that would SUCK.
I often think of that as well: that's a full 20 minutes of going between 75% to 100% exertion with very little rest in between rounds. That's almost superhuman stamina.

In a non-skilled, real world altercation if you can keep your distance and your cool the average guy is going to be completely gassed in under a minute. I have greco-roman wrestling background and I can tell you from experience that most guys are done as soon as it goes to the ground. They're floundering around like a fish out of water and their tank empties very quickly.

Joe Rogan said in a video just swallow your ego for 30 seconds, shell up, protect your face. Let the aggressor swing away hitting your arms for a while ....... wait ..... relax lol ..... then it is your turn if you wish.

Plus I was blessed with good speed and head movement. Goofing around fighting with friends they are like what are you, part cat? 🐱

My Trainers - both are quick little British boxers lol

1707536255771.JPEG

I'm a short guy so I can't box and I have to take it to the ground. I'd love to start taking jiu-jitsu but I'm just to darn old to be rolling around on the mat these days I think.

Dustin's brave effort was something to watch. He saved the card even though he lost by sub, my only bet for the evening. Love Dustin, but an Islam sub at -120 was the rational risk.
Yeah, 302 was kind of a snoozefest, aside from the main event and Kevin Holland's arm bar. Even Sean apologized to the fans for his boring fight.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top