JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last night was grilled chicken breast fillets, taters from the grill as well as grilled corn on the cob.

IMG_0943.jpeg IMG_0945.jpeg
IMG_0944.jpeg

Having an issue with the Comal 80,000 btu setup (funny orange flame, needed more better heat); figured the challenge was a less than optimal Asian interpretation of what a propane gas regulator should be. Knowing this is America and all cooking fuels should flow at the the maximum freedom level I quickly deduced a replacement was in order. To efficiently do so I examined the unit, flipped it over to discover what types of fittings I'd need - only to find spinny valve type devices.

Queued up the more analytical part of the brain and started bubbleguming with things, problem solved :)

To celebrate I ordered 4lbs of thick bacon, 24 eggs, and 2lbs of breakfast sausage. Even got the wife some of that tastes-like-soap cilantro crap!

I should probably consult a dietician, a cardiologist, and a padre :D

spinny%20things.jpg

My take on Sopa de Fideo (Mexican Noodle Soup). 1 lb Roma tomatoes, some onion, and 1/2 lb chorizo on the grill. Not shown - some dried guajillo and ancho peppers being rehydrated in hot water. 4-8 oz Fideo pasta, depending on taste. Toast the dry pasta in some olive oil under medium heat. Blenderize the tomatoes, onion and peppers. Add the tomato mixture to the pot along with 1 qt chicken stock. Chop up grilled chorizo and add. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook 6-8 minutes or your preferred pasta tenderness. Lunch is served. Sopa de Fideo made with grilled meat and veggies and 1/2 a quesadilla. Tex-Mex grilled cheese and soup!

20240528_145454.jpg 20240528_150404.jpg 20240528_145754.jpg 20240529_121720.jpg

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top