JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed, people should be paid what they're worth. Period.
I'm gonna be 41 and when I was 13 bucking hay I started at 2.00$ a hr. Once they found out I could drive and back a trailer up and I worked my a$$ off I went up to 5$ a hr. The kids that played grab a$$ and got tired fast and needed a break ever hour stayed at 2$ a hr. Moral of the story is work hard, gain skills and prove your worth! People recognize hard work without state/government dictating to them what your worth. If they don't recognize that then move on and find someone that does

After I lived in TX a few years, I mentioned to a coworker that I have never set foot in a Whataburger. He looked at me in pure shock like I had just confessed that I was from another planet and revealed to him my second head. 😆
1717033681166.jpeg

😂😂😂

Why is the dollar worth less?
On top of government printing more money, wages in general haven't caught up to match inflation. Some have, plenty haven't. Was fun for a while when I was paying $4 a gallon for diesel AFTER discount but rates were still crap.
I don't think @Boboclown gets it! People should get paid what they are worth, not what the state/government dictates
People should get paid what they're worth, but that also means things should keep in line with inflation, which hasn't really been a thing tbh. But what would I know, its not like I've been paying attention to freight rates and the overall cost of running the truck. Not too long ago, I could have my 60 series detroit rebuilt for under $20k almost anywhere. Now if I want it done "cheap" I have to do it in my driveway.

I had to replace my own bullgear because a mechanic said it'd be $5k or so, it used to be a lot cheaper than that to have someone else do it. Not too long before covid actually.

On top of government printing more money, wages in general haven't caught up to match inflation. Some have, plenty haven't. Was fun for a while when I was paying $4 a gallon for diesel AFTER discount but rates were still crap.

People should get paid what they're worth, but that also means things should keep in line with inflation, which hasn't really been a thing tbh. But what would I know, its not like I've been paying attention to freight rates and the overall cost of running the truck. Not too long ago, I could have my 60 series detroit rebuilt for under $20k almost anywhere. Now if I want it done "cheap" I have to do it in my driveway.

I had to replace my own bullgear because a mechanic said it'd be $5k or so, it used to be a lot cheaper than that to have someone else do it. Not too long before covid actually.
Trump era maybe? 4 more years!!....pause

Trump era maybe? 4 more years!!....pause
Funny enough it all went to crap under Trump era for us, but not even because of Trump himself doing his own thing. Which party was asking for everything to be shut down again? :confused:

The same party is the reason I can't bring my truck to California. Don't get me wrong, that's actually a good thing cause trying to find a load to get out of cali sucks, but that's generally where they stand on pre-emission engines like mine.

Funny enough it all went to crap under Trump era for us, but not even because of Trump himself doing his own thing. Which party was asking for everything to be shut down again? :confused:

The same party is the reason I can't bring my truck to California. Don't get me wrong, that's actually a good thing cause trying to find a load to get out of cali sucks, but that's generally where they stand on pre-emission engines like mine.
How much is fuel costing now? Do the math bozo....I mean clown, 4 more years....pause

How much is fuel costing now? Do the math bozo....I mean clown, 4 more years....pause
It was $4 a gallon not too long ago, after discount. After discount it ends up being as low as $3.09 in some places. Freight rates are still the same. Keep in mind the prices you see on the board isn't the price I'm paying.

I'm the one paying for fuel, and I was making less because fuel was high and rates were still the same so profit was smaller.

My truck holds 300 gallons of diesel, I'm aware of fuel costs and its why I stay at 68 mph to keep my RPM at 1450. Its a series 60 detroit DDEC IV, with an 18 speed and 3.43 rear diff. I run it at 68-70 to keep rpm at 1450-1500, or 62 in direct gear to keep it around the same.

Arakboss wrote:
"I am going to celebrate with a BOGO Famous Star w/cheese deal from Carl's"

Carl's is probably my favorite fast food burger, for the $. Great breakfast biscuits too.
The 2fer deals haven't been available here in awhile.
Supposedly there is an In-n-Out coming to our little berg. I dread the traffic that will come with it.

Arakboss wrote:
"I am going to celebrate with a BOGO Famous Star w/cheese deal from Carl's"

Carl's is probably my favorite fast food burger, for the $. Great breakfast biscuits too.
The 2fer deals haven't been available here in awhile.
Supposedly there is an In-n-Out coming to our little berg. I dread the traffic that will come with it.
Hope they're quicker making your In-n-Out a reality quicker than either of the Beaverton or Hillsboro proposed locations…. Nothin' but crickets…

It was $4 a gallon not too long ago, after discount. After discount it ends up being as low as $3.09 in some places. Freight rates are still the same. Keep in mind the prices you see on the board isn't the price I'm paying.

I'm the one paying for fuel, and I was making less because fuel was high and rates were still the same so profit was smaller.

My truck holds 300 gallons of diesel, I'm aware of fuel costs and its why I stay at 68 mph to keep my RPM at 1450. Its a series 60 detroit DDEC IV, with an 18 speed and 3.43 rear diff. I run it at 68-70 to keep rpm at 1450-1500, or 62 in direct gear to keep it around the same.
I found that, after leaving my job driving OTR for a few years, I had slowed WAY the hell down. Once you drive for a living and pay your own fuel (and other) costs, you realize real quick that easing up on the pedal and just cruising at a decent speed will still get you there with time to spare, and you'll end up with more dollars in the end.

Diminishing returns of higher speeds and all that jazz.

I found that, after leaving my job driving OTR for a few years, I had slowed WAY the hell down. Once you drive for a living and pay your own fuel (and other) costs, you realize real quick that easing up on the pedal and just cruising at a decent speed will still get you there with time to spare, and you'll end up with more dollars in the end.

Diminishing returns of higher speeds and all that jazz.
Yeup. Truck's not governed but I cap myself at 70. In the Dakotas I just take the state and US highways instead running 80 on the interstate.

fast food has definitely gone up that's for sure. good and bad. bad for people who are lazy to cook or go grocery shopping and good for peoples health. I miss the dollar menu at mcdonalds though thats for sure those days are long gone.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top