JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was considering placing a bet against Almeda. Romanov 17-2 and has great wrestling but poor cardio. He is good for 1.5 rounds. Probably 30 lbs bigger.

So I decided to wait to see if he shows up like he gives a damn, and that answer is no. A fat blob. Pass.

View attachment 1891008
Yeah, in today's MMA world a fighter can't rely on massive knock-out power alone. Once this guy's gas tank is empty he's done.

Funny thing I've always been a scrappy fighter either in play or not. Have always told friends in the past when we were under threat - biker, country bar usually - "well, I've only got 30 seconds to win, after that an old lady could beat me up". Stamina was never my strength. I totally agree.
30 seconds is FOREVER! Nothing but respect for an MMA fighter going for FIVE rounds - geez that would SUCK.

Funny thing I've always been a scrappy fighter either in play or not. Have always told friends in the past when we were under threat - biker, country bar usually - "well, I've only got 30 seconds to win, after that an old lady could beat me up". Stamina was never my strength. I totally agree.
30 seconds is FOREVER! Nothing but respect for an MMA fighter going for FIVE rounds - geez that would SUCK.
I often think of that as well: that's a full 20 minutes of going between 75% to 100% exertion with very little rest in between rounds. That's almost superhuman stamina.

In a non-skilled, real world altercation if you can keep your distance and your cool the average guy is going to be completely gassed in under a minute. I have greco-roman wrestling background and I can tell you from experience that most guys are done as soon as it goes to the ground. They're floundering around like a fish out of water and their tank empties very quickly.

Joe Rogan said in a video just swallow your ego for 30 seconds, shell up, protect your face. Let the aggressor swing away hitting your arms for a while ....... wait ..... relax lol ..... then it is your turn if you wish.

Plus I was blessed with good speed and head movement. Goofing around fighting with friends they are like what are you, part cat? 🐱

My Trainers - both are quick little British boxers lol

1707536255771.JPEG

I'm a short guy so I can't box and I have to take it to the ground. I'd love to start taking jiu-jitsu but I'm just to darn old to be rolling around on the mat these days I think.

Watching UFC 302 and Alex vs Niko looks like two slow motion drunken bar fighters going at it.
Totally man! Alex was completely gassed in round 3 and was just staggering around sucking wind and hoping he wasn't going to get knocked out, and we were just discussing the importance of cardio earlier!

Dustin's brave effort was something to watch. He saved the card even though he lost by sub, my only bet for the evening. Love Dustin, but an Islam sub at -120 was the rational risk.

Dustin's brave effort was something to watch. He saved the card even though he lost by sub, my only bet for the evening. Love Dustin, but an Islam sub at -120 was the rational risk.
Yeah, 302 was kind of a snoozefest, aside from the main event and Kevin Holland's arm bar. Even Sean apologized to the fans for his boring fight.

This Saturday the weather again is about 81f and will miss most of the card. Must not de-evolve into a potato; I say that, will see lol.

Last Edited:
Sorry Michael it STILL is not going to happen. McNuggets is a pro at this BS. Keep his name out there, but never fights. The man has won ONE fight in seven years and that was against a washed Cowboy.

Anyone in the top ten at 170 makes him look like a guy off the street now. Really not a Conor hater but let's be real. His trick back in the day 2016 or so was being a weight bully. Starve and dehydrated himself into a skeleton then beat up guys like Aldo. Those days are long, long gone.

It is over for Conor unless the FIX is in via corrupted judges vs Chandler. That is the ONLY reason I will not be betting on their fight IF it happens.

View: https://youtu.be/S0hz-pV4lio?t=60

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top