JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are the wait times everyone is experiencing once the suppressor gets to the shop to when it's certified and forms filed with the ATF? I have been waiting over 2 months now and have reached out to Silencer Shop and my dealer. Dealer says he's waiting on Silencer Shop to complete the forms and got a confusing email back from SS that pretty much said demand has slowed the process. Actually started the process on 2/8. Not the first time this has happened with SS and trying to determine if it's my dealer or SS that is the problem.
Also, log into your SilencerShop account, then go to this link-https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders . It should show you more detail about where your can is in the process. What does it say when you view your order through this link?

To clarify, have you completed your Form 4, or are you still waiting on that? If you havent, that is WAY to long to wait to just get to the "ready to certify" the Form 4 process. Once the suppressor gets to the shop, it should only be a couple of days if your dealer processes them on a regular basis to take inventory of it, then maybe a day tops for SilencerShop to review everything and then move to the 'ready to certify' phase. I assume you have been logged into your SilencerShop account and reviewed where it stands? If you have already completed the Form 4 and submitted to ATF, then yeah unfortunately if you didnt get a fast approval or did it with a trust, you may be in for a wait. However your SilencerShop account should then show "Pending ATF approval". I am guessing that is not what has happened yet. I havre bought now 9 suppressors in the last month or so, with two last week, and last week it took about a day from when the can reached my FFL until I was 'ready to certify' . . .
On SS it shows preparing for eforms. This is the 3rd purchase through SS. The first was decent and that got worse every time. Another dealer had a suppressor I was looking for in stock and thought about purchasing. As soon as he told me they used SS I walked away. Not doing it again!

On SS it shows preparing for eforms. This is the 3rd purchase through SS. The first was decent and that got worse every time. Another dealer had a suppressor I was looking for in stock and thought about purchasing. As soon as he told me they used SS I walked away. Not doing it again!
Dang that sucks-so you havent even gotten to the 'read to certify' or Form 4 filed phase. How long has the can been at the dealer? It is my understanding that the dealer has to complete some things on their side once the can is delivered, then SilencerShop has to complete some things on their side, and then it should move to the 'ready to certify' step. My last two, which were last week, took about a day once the can arrived at my dealer. No way it should take months!

Dang that sucks-so you havent even gotten to the 'read to certify' or Form 4 filed phase. How long has the can been at the dealer? It is my understanding that the dealer has to complete some things on their side once the can is delivered, then SilencerShop has to complete some things on their side, and then it should move to the 'ready to certify' step. My last two, which were last week, took about a day once the can arrived at my dealer. No way it should take months!
I think it has been at my dealer for about 2 1/2 months. I ordered it before the fast wait times with the ATF got going. I just sent another email to SS. I am normally a patient person but about ready to lose it! I actually ordered a new custom rifle at the same time and it was delivered last week. Sad a rifle can be built faster than a computer form can be generated! This can was supposed to go on my rifle. Planning on an antelope hunt this fall and want to do a lot of shooting with the exact setup I plan on using for the hunt.

I think it has been at my dealer for about 2 1/2 months. I ordered it before the fast wait times with the ATF got going. I just sent another email to SS. I am normally a patient person but about ready to lose it! I actually ordered a new custom rifle at the same time and it was delivered last week. Sad a rifle can be built faster than a computer form can be generated! This can was supposed to go on my rifle. Planning on an antelope hunt this fall and want to do a lot of shooting with the exact setup I plan on using for the hunt.
Oh man, that is crazy! Waaay too long for it to be sitting there without getting to 'ready to certify'. You have been more than patient at this point waiting 2.5 months for that next step. . .

HEY EVERYONE- if you are looking to get a good suppressor, be sure to stop by and check out the stock at Adaptive Firing Solutions. Steve is a supporting vendor here, and just opened up his new location/shop in downtown Oregon City. I had bought a can from him a couple of weeks ago, and then had been monitoring his stock the last couple of weeks. I have a couple very specific cans I still want to buy, after purchasing SEVEN in the last 3 weeks- lol! Well I was SHOCKED this AM to see that he had the brand newly released SilencerCo Spectre 9s in stock!! These are just released, and sold out everywhere! Could not order fast enough!! He got two in yesterday, but the other one sold right way and I bought the other. However, he just replenished his stock, and has some GREAT options in stock right now, that are almost impossible to order through SilencerShop right now- as of this AM when I was there, he had a Rugged Obsidian 45, Dead Air Wolfman, Sandman K, Wolverine, SilencerCo Osprey, SilencerCo Sparrow 22 . . . Many others.

Again the trick with getting the fast Form 4 turnaround times is to buy a can from an FFL with it in stock locally, then have them process it through SilencerShop, rather than buying direct from SilencerShop, having to wait for them to Form 3/ship etc. Steve is awesome- by the time I drove home, I had already gotten the notice from SilencerShop to go in and complete the first set of paperwork, so less than an hour?

Also Steve let me put the SiCo Spectre 9 side by side with his personal SiCo Omega 9K. The Spectre 9 is the 'updated' version of the iconic Omega 9k- slightly thinner, SUPER LIGHT since it is completely titanium at only 3.9 ounces, but supposed to actually be even quieter than the Omega 9k. I will hopefully find out soon- heres to hoping for one more 2 day approval!

PS- i have no affiliation with Adaptive other than just being a satisfied customer! Also nice that they are a supporting vendor here of this forum!
IMG_7045.jpeg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7044.jpeg
IMG_7040.jpeg

What are the wait times everyone is experiencing once the suppressor gets to the shop to when it's certified and forms filed with the ATF? I have been waiting over 2 months now and have reached out to Silencer Shop and my dealer. Dealer says he's waiting on Silencer Shop to complete the forms and got a confusing email back from SS that pretty much said demand has slowed the process. Actually started the process on 2/8. Not the first time this has happened with SS and trying to determine if it's my dealer or SS that is the problem.
One problem I ran into with my 2nd can bought through SS was that my first cans paperwork was done with a single shot trust. When I bought the second one, I went on my SS account and changed the setting to individual. After checking the status for a couple of days and it saying that I needed to buy a trust for this order. I called SS to find out the deal. The guy I talked to told me that an individual cannot change the account setting back and forth: it had to be either "always use a trust" or "never use a trust". They have to change it on their end, so he did and my status went from "information Reviewed" pending to signing the documents the next day and was certified about 2-3 days later. I had the can in my hand in 4 and a half days later.

I bought a can on Friday (still using SS), and it was ready to certify today. Which I couldn't do, because @Caveman Jim, my grandson and I were out slaying fish. I will certify it tomorrow morning.

So maybe check on what they have your settings at.

Ray

One problem I ran into with my 2nd can bought through SS was that my first cans paperwork was done with a single shot trust. When I bought the second one, I went on my SS account and changed the setting to individual. After checking the status for a couple of days and it saying that I needed to buy a trust for this order. I called SS to find out the deal. The guy I talked to told me that an individual cannot change the account setting back and forth: it had to be either "always use a trust" or "never use a trust". They have to change it on their end, so he did and my status went from "information Reviewed" pending to signing the documents the next day and was certified about 2-3 days later. I had the can in my hand in 4 and a half days later.

I bought a can on Friday (still using SS), and it was ready to certify today. Which I couldn't do, because @Caveman Jim, my grandson and I were out slaying fish. I will certify it tomorrow morning.

Ray
Like I twisted yer arm… :s0108:

Ray
I switched mine to individual for this purchase. I will see if that's the issue. Thanks for the info.
Eric

Received my approved Form 4 on the iconic SiCo Omega 9K early this am- approval email came in at 5am. This can was purchased 5/3 straight from Silencer Shop, so had to Form 3, then wait for it to ship, then certify Form 4 at dealer. This Form 4 approval was the longest I had to wait out of the now 8 cans I bought in the last month and a half- 5 DAYS. Man seemed like forever . . . . Heh ;-)

IMG_7047.jpeg
IMG_7049.jpeg

Got a two day approval on the newly released all titanium SilencerCo Spetre 9 and brought it home today, purchased locally at Adaptive but processed through SilencerShop! Also was able to pick up my limited edition OD Green USP9, from the limited release from Rooftop Tactial this week. Such a beautiful pair, and the Spectre is so unbelievably light.

Again, key to getting the fast suppressor turnaround is to buy local- I was at both NW Armory and Adaptive today, and both have a pretty good selection of cans right now. I was shocked to see a Huxwrx Ventum 762 at NW Armory- those are really hard to come by right now, and if I hadnt blown all my money on all this today, would have probably bought it. Someone get over there right away and snatch it up before I do something stupid and go back and buy it!

IMG_7053.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top