JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was a kid in the 50's and into the 60's, every Woolworth's store had a lunch counter. Prices were economical. Fast food probably put those out of business. But I remember the K-Mart in-store eating area in back. They had tables where groups could sit. Low prices, as the 1977 ad shows.
Oh wow..flashback. I remember the Woolworths counter. K-Mart too. They had a spinning wheel..I think you got a free ice cream if it landed right.

@arakboss I've listen to the inflation folks - especially the Peter Schiff types for many years now.

It is my opinion the writing is clearly on the wall in regards to inflation. It will never fade going forward. We put our nation in the hands of foreign trillionaire families and corps; The 'Fed", Blackrock, etc,, and they have a plan in place to punish the masses with their most effective weapon - $$.

35 Trillion in debt and our corrupt corp-controlled govt still spending like a drunken sailor for billionaire endeavors like Proxy Wars, incoming bird flu jabs, supporting illegals while citizens get nothing.

Hyperinflation will come. Selfishly I hope not in my remaining years, but very possible. People then will be begging govt for any crumbs and will accept any terms for same - CBDCs, end of cash, digital or implanted IDs, AI surveillance of everything that moves, universal income all are a certainty IMO at this point.

For the few that do believe it's going to happen, how are you preparing your finances to deal with it?

The short answer is you can't. The only possible buffer is to know anything you own <have in your possession> can be taken from you via a keyboard will be taken, period. So if you have a shovel in your hand or can of fuel out in the shed at least someone will need to make an effort to take it from you.

All other 'digital things' can be taken from you overnight. Will people revolt? No. We pretty much proved we are cowards over the last 4+ years and as a hive mind, people accept things that are happening to 'everyone else'. Think happy thoughts though!

The last pool of available wealth the government can co opt for their use is inheritable wealth.

Have you noticed that over the past few years the Democrats are selling the ideas of wealth taxes, unrealized capital gains taxes, increased estate taxes, higher capital gains taxes, taxes for trading securities/investments, real estate transfer tax....and on and on.

These corrupt POS don't know how to create anything....they only know how to take what someone else has earned.

The answer to inflation is higher domestic production and the wealth that creates. Much of the social/class warfare going on in this country is do to the lack of living wage manufacturing jobs and the jobs created supporting a healthy manufacturing sector. Flipping burgers at McDonald's was never meant to be a living wage job to support a middle class family.

Container ships come to our ports and off load. They go back empty rather than transporting back American made goods. It used to be a balance of trade...now its a one way street sucking the wealth out of this country.

All the scumbags in DC know how to do is steal/appropriate what someone else has created. Greed and Envy used to be considered 2 of the 7 deadly sins. Peddling class envy and greed is now the operating currency of the current crop of incompetents and perverts running Washington DC.

You cannot run an economy on printed and borrowed money.

Look up the recent Pete Buttigieg interview where he's defending having spent $7 Billion for EV charging stations with a total of 8 charging stations completed nationwide (and blames in-flight turbulence on global warming). Then and again Maxine Waters just blamed the solar eclipse on climate change. The idiot said it in front of TV cameras and later double downed and defended the statement, again on camera...look it up. Who knew?

Last Edited:
When I was a kid in the 50's and into the 60's, every Woolworth's store had a lunch counter. Prices were economical. Fast food probably put those out of business. But I remember the K-Mart in-store eating area in back. They had tables where groups could sit. Low prices, as the 1977 ad shows.
Except, 1977 and a few years after was the height of the great inflation days that haven't been seen since, well the absolute shtshow in charge now. So, not as cheap as it should've been.

Except, 1977 and a few years after was the height of the great inflation days that haven't been seen since, well the absolute shtshow in charge now. So, not as cheap as it should've been.
Yes, I think it started a bit before then because I seem to remember the WIN program in 1974, "Whip Inflation Now" during the Ford administration. I think it was more PR than anything. "Look, we're doing something." It didn't work.

Gov't doesn't control inflation. The foreign owned globalist "Federal Reserve" does. The same generational families who are scripting the decline of the West at hyper speeds.

1912 Rothschilds Cartoon.png
Reuters ran this cartoon in national paper in 1912 along with an editorial criticizing the banksters and their FED plans. So they bought out Reuters immediately. Chump change. Those who (still) control the media, control everything.

Last Edited:
I saw that individual sticks of anti-persperant are now $10 each here. The future is going to be stinky.
Back when I was on a sports team in college, I was talking to a wrestler with the university. He, and most of his team shaved their armpits. I asked if it was for making the spectacle "more civil", he replied, "naw, cuts way down on B.O." I have done that once or twice a month ever since. It does work.
make trips to Grocery Outlet,
Even their prices have gone up over 20% for many of the things I buy there regularly.

Grocery shop today; Waremart (Winco ) have lowered prices on many things except those Peelz clementine oranges that my daughter just loves. Most fruits & vegetables in produce section are still priced higher compared to 6 months ago. Eggs and milk are a little better but not by much. Some frozen foods have gone down in prices compared to a couple weeks ago. Gas prices went down a teeny tiny bit, but not significantly enough. It is an election year :rolleyes:
I have observed at the Winco near me, their prices will fall during the week, with their best loss leaders ending around mid-day Friday. Everything will be at max cost on Saturday and Sunday, when the parking lots are jammed for 16 hours each day.

@arakboss I've listen to the inflation folks - especially the Peter Schiff types for many years now.

It is my opinion the writing is clearly on the wall in regards to inflation. It will never fade going forward. We put our nation in the hands of foreign trillionaire families and corps; The 'Fed", Blackrock, etc,, and they have a plan in place to punish the masses with their most effective weapon - $$.

35 Trillion in debt and our corrupt corp-controlled govt still spending like a drunken sailor for billionaire endeavors like Proxy Wars, incoming bird flu jabs, supporting illegals while citizens get nothing.

Hyperinflation will come. Selfishly I hope not in my remaining years, but very possible. People then will be begging govt for any crumbs and will accept any terms for same - CBDCs, end of cash, digital or implanted IDs, AI surveillance of everything that moves, universal income all are a certainty IMO at this point.

For the few that do believe it's going to happen, how are you preparing your finances to deal with it?

The short answer is you can't. The only possible buffer is to know anything you own <have in your possession> can be taken from you via a keyboard will be taken, period. So if you have a shovel in your hand or can of fuel out in the shed at least someone will need to make an effort to take it from you.

All other 'digital things' can be taken from you overnight. Will people revolt? No. We pretty much proved we are cowards over the last 4+ years and as a hive mind, people accept things that are happening to 'everyone else'. Think happy thoughts though!
"The short answer is you can't."

We might as well spend it now while it's still worth something. If we wait for the hyperinflation to begin we'll be competing with a lot more buyers and with a currency that's worth a lot less than it is now.

The Lebanese are going through this right now.

The only way they are going to get at my calorie reserves is with forced liposuction or amputation. I have a big pantry in my belly area.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top