JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went from an electric drip machine for most of my life, to Keurig k-cups for eight years, then french press for the past three, and now a stainless steel percolator.

The coffee tasts better, cleanup is easier than french press, no filters, no plastic residue from k-cups, costs less and I can take with as a bug out to use on a campfire. Plus it's sort of meditating listening to the perc. Only downside is is it takes 20 minutes.
I switched to Bloody Marys.

I plan to work til I am 70 - I will see what happens. My last day of work when I retire i plan to take my laptop out to a tree. I will tape it to the tree and then proceed to put a 30-06 bullet through it. I will then send it to my employer as a resignation notice. This will come as no surprise to my manager as I already told him my plans and he just shakes his head but has not told me once it was a bad idea. I think other than browsing the internet looking for deals my time in IT will be over.
my time in IT will be over.
You have no idea how jealous I am.

IT sucks the life out of you.

Somewhere I made the wrong turn and went down the road to tech, should have found the exit ramp years ago.

You have no idea how jealous I am.

IT sucks the life out of you.

Somewhere I made the wrong turn and went down the road to tech, should have found the exit ramp years ago.
I tried a few times, even applied to be an Electrician Apprentice. I never heard back from anyone. They were happy to cash the check for the application fees though.

I'm a half step from telling them to shove this job and getting a CDL. There's just SO much government oversight on that though which makes me balk at it. I'm not sure how much of that I can realistically tolerate. I unfortunately don't know anyone who can give me a real day-in-the-life account of what it takes.

I just switched to Bloody Marys.
We've been doing Moscow Mule's during the summer. Copper cup, ice cubes, Ginger Beer, Vodka and a slice of lime.

20230920-SEA-MoscowMule-TwoBites-hero-35388989e6454f69895c82973e060387.jpg

I tried a few times, even applied to be an Electrician Apprentice. I never heard back from anyone. They were happy to cash the check for the application fees though.

I'm a half step from telling them to shove this job and getting a CDL. There's just SO much government oversight on that though which makes me balk at it. I'm not sure how much of that I can realistically tolerate.
Yeah..I've wasted the past ten years as a SQL developer.

If there was a Zoo close by, and I could shovel elephant cr*p while still paying the bills, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Yeah..I've wasted the past ten years as a SQL developer.
I have been doing AIX support / implementation for the last 30 years with Redhat as a backup for a couple of decades it seems. I like my job and the individuals I work with. I am a lucky person in that regard.

I plan to work til I am 70 - I will see what happens. My last day of work when I retire i plan to take my laptop out to a tree. I will tape it to the tree and then proceed to put a 30-06 bullet through it. I will then send it to my employer as a resignation notice. This will come as no surprise to my manager as I already told him my plans and he just shakes his head but has not told me once it was a bad idea. I think other than browsing the internet looking for deals my time in IT will be over.
If I may offer some advice?
While at work or on the internet. Be careful who you tell your plans to.

You can never be sure.......

1715989942125.png

It could happen/come to pass that (maybe).......
You could/might be called into HR and fired. And/or Red Flagged.

Rrrright.....

1715990091385.png

Or, just classify them as, "violent thoughts". LOL.

Aloha, Mark

I'm a half step from telling them to shove this job and getting a CDL. There's just SO much government oversight on that though which makes me balk at it. I'm not sure how much of that I can realistically tolerate. I unfortunately don't know anyone who can give me a real day-in-the-life account of what it takes.
Speaking of which, I'd venture there's hoops o plenty but the smart-phone essentially automates a lot of that stuff on the fly I'd venture. From taking required classes, bonding, licensure, payments and timekeeping records of where you are when and all other particulars. It's a two-edged sword.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top