JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a fan of pitbull dogs.

That said....
I ain't against people owning them...or think that all pittbull dogs are mean , killing machines.
I just don't like or trust them.

A long while ago...
We adopted a pitbull corgi mix.
Seemingly friendly...she got along with all of cats until....
One night , out of the blue she snatched a cat from my wife's lap and killed it in our living room.
Now to be fair...maybe that cat did something earlier to the dog...I don't know.
I do know how I felt then and how I feel now about that dog killing our cat.

The dog and I went for a walk in the woods....
And while not a 9mm....I do know what a .454 lead round ball and 25 grains of 2F from a 1860 Colt Army will do.
Not a happy day all around...and not one that I ever care to repeat.

For those that own and love their pitbull dogs...
I say...fine...love and enjoy them.
Just don't ask me to do the same.
Andy

Last Edited:
Not a fan of pitbull dogs.

That said....
I ain't against people owning them...or think that all pittbull dogs are mean , killing machines.
I just don't like or trust them.

A long while ago...
We adopted a pitbull corgi mix.
Seemingly friendly...she got along with all of cats until....
One night , out of the blue she snatched a cat from my wife's lap and killed it in our living room.
Now to be fair...maybe that cat did something earlier to the dog...I don't know.
I do know how I felt then and how I feel now about that dog killing our cat.

The dog and I went for a walk in the woods....
And while not a 9mm....I do know what a .454 lead round ball and 25 grains of 2F from a 1860 Colt Army will do.
Not a happy day all around...and not one that I ever care to repeat.

For those that own and love their pitbull dogs...
I say...fine...love and enjoy them.
Just don't ask me to do the same.
Andy
Having recently taken in a mixed rescue from 4-5 weeks old left out in the boonies to die I have done a lot of research thru multiple channels.

Things the people I respect their opinions all agree with each other seems to be:

Pits may not get along with new dogs in the house.

Do not leave them alone with kids.

Do not walk them off leash, even if you have them trained to be 100% perfect with recall.

They were bred to fight and rat so they have a large prey drive and even well tempered and trained dogs can one day decide to go after a smaller animal so they recommend they are the only pet in the home.

I'm sorry for your experience, that must have been very traumatic for your family.

Having recently taken in a mixed rescue from 4-5 weeks old left out in the boonies to die I have done a lot of research thru multiple channels.

Things the people I respect their opinions all agree with each other seems to be:

Pits may not get along with new dogs in the house.

Do not leave them alone with kids.

Do not walk them off leash, even if you have them trained to be 100% perfect with recall.

They were bred to fight and rat so they have a large prey drive and even well tempered and trained dogs can one day decide to go after a smaller animal so they recommend they are the only pet in the home.

I'm sorry for your experience, that must have been very traumatic for your family.
Lots of good information there in your post...and yes it was very traumatic.
Which makes it difficult for me to trust those dogs.

I have no doubt that there are many pitbull dogs...and pitbull mixes that go their whole life without being aggressive and or harming other pets or people.

I have a friend who has a pitbull and some sort of large dog mix....
He is a good dog and loves his family....however he is scared of strangers and not to be trusted with them.
My friend is a good guy and excellent dog owner...he keeps Charlie under his ever watchful eye and always under his control.
I have no worries about Charlie...because he has a good owner.
Andy

THIS!!!
Almost every damn time some dog does real harm the song and dance done by owners who claim dog never did this turns out to be complete fabrication. The real story is almost every damn time the dog had been a problem multiple times and owner just ignored it till it was too late. Even after many of these dogs badly attack many owners will try to run and hide the damn dog.
It happens way to often.
The other half had a small Yorkie terrier that bite, needless to say his days were numbered.
Size doesn't matter when it comes to biting dogs.
Even good people do bad things.
That's why we have the death sentence.
Dogs are no different.

i never would hurt anybody"little dogs dont bit that hard?

20230429_175638.jpg

i never would hurt anybody"little dogs dont bit that hard?

View attachment 1886274
This is a snap of the dog in my avatar when he was just a couple months old. Playing with the one we had who was about 2 YO at that time. In the snaps they look like they are trying to kill each other. :s0140:
They would wrestle like that for hours until they were both exhausted. She was soooo gentle with him when he was 1/10th her size. When he got past the puppy stage I missed watching them do this.

Cleo-Alex.JPG

Our little sh!+ box bit a woman that knocked at the door selling stuff and walked off with a payday.
I will never have a dog the bites. A dog is a dog, they are animals, NOT FAMILY MEMBERS.

Last Edited:
While I dont like off leash dogs in public places, like parking lots, sidewalks, running loose in neighborhoods, etc.. I do like dogs in general. Most places have leash laws. It's not to restrict your baby nor to put a burden on you.

You love your dog, right? Treat it like family, feed it right, take it to the vet to keep it healthy? Then protect your 4 footed family by keeping it leashed.

And just for the record, I'm getting a dog soon. And, it's a bulldog. A mini french bulldog. Screenshot_20240524-084658_Video Player~01.jpg :s0094:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top