JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, I picked up a Yugo M57 with two clips for $179.99 the other day. Aside from being caked with cosmoline which I just got removed (after some Mineral Spirit soaking and scrubbing) I think it is in working order now. However I did hear you could get a 9mm conversion done on this gun with just changing out the barrel and the bushing, but I can not find this anywhere. Any thoughts? (And please don't tell me to buy a new gun, I am aware of that but I like my Russian guns comrades).

It is possible with a swap of barrel, bushing, and recoil spring(recommended but not required IIRC). Good luck finding those however, as nobody that I am aware of manufactures new Tok barrels. Several years ago you could find barrels for $40, but those days are long gone. Gunbroker currently has a barrel, bushing, and modified mag (spacer added to improve feeding) for $200. $50 more and you can have a complete 9mm Tok.

the 7.62x25 surplus is still out there, but you need to hit up the gun shows or posting wtb ads on here or one northwestfirearms.com. it is getting more rare to find and the people who do have it want to charge way to much. i was able to pick up over 2k rounds this last weekend. I would not buy it from gunbroker.com since its way over priced. But from what i have experienced you can get it from about $0.25 to $0.30 a round.