Wholesale Sports - Burlington

Discussion in 'Washington Reviews' started by Northwest Firearms, Aug 24, 2008.

?

Overall Rating?

1. 5 - Excellent

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. 4 - Very Good

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 3 - Average

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. 2 - Fair

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. 1 - Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms NWFA Robot Staff Member

0   0   0
  2. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3   0   0
    Lots O' Stuff :p

A little light on reloading components and ammo, but better than before Xmas. Like anywhere else, the knowledge of the help depends on who you get.;) It was the only store where I found a carrying case for my AR that had a pocket for an extra upper. :thumbup:
  3. Mutoman

Mutoman Active Member

0   0   0
    I found the store pretty average, below what I expected for firearms, but pretty good for accessories. I visited Cabela's in Post Falls this last summer, it kind of ruined me for anything below spectacular in the firearms area.
  4. Capn Jack

3   0   0
    OK....Who bought that last bag of 7.62x39 brass I'd been watching?:(

:paranoid: I guess I'll have to move a little faster next time:sleep:

Before you try to reload them chamfer the inside of the case. I didn't and my sizing die crushed the shoulders on several of mine before I realized it.:thumbup:
  5. eldbillbo

eldbillbo Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

249   0   0
    ok
  6. Capn Jack

3   0   0
    Since re-opening under a new name and owner, things have started to slowly improve. :thumbup:
    Seeing more and more on the shelves (ammo etc.), but stock is still a little sporatic.:cool:
  7. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Well-Known Member

28   0   0
    What I don't understand is why the one in vancouer has NO bricks of .22's when the Bimarts i the area are flooded with them?
    same for primers,Brightwater is about as small as a store could possibly be,and has had WAY more than sportsmans/wholesale sports.
    At least their firearms supply is back up to decent levels,as are most other things.
  8. Crashbox

Crashbox New Member

0   0   0
    I ventured down to Wholesale Sports in Burlington yesterday (formerly Sportsman's Warehouse) for the very first time just to browse. Shelves were fairly bare of powders and almost totally bare of primers but that is to be expected in the current environment. I wound up purchasing a Hornady LNL Classic press for doing those chores where a single-stage is more convenient, e.g., decapping (have a LNL AP already which was my first press).

I thought their retail prices were actually quite good, what I saw was on par as a rule with most on-line shops. The outrageous sales tax rate largely negates any savings, though.

I'll probably go back again.
  9. Capn Jack

3   0   0
    Try the new Skagit Guns (The old Holiday Market & Sports) on SR20 behind Mac Donald's. It's in a large new building and (for it's size) has a good assortment of re-loading components. It's the only place I was able to find Large pistol primers and RE-7.:thumbup:
  10. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

0   0   0
    Hey everyone I work at the Burlington store and I just wanted to answer a few questions and give an update. I will try and do this often.

First I will have to say that we just got some Alliant Powder Reloader 22 and 25! Be there in the morning and you might get some. We open at 10. We also are getting stocked on cleaning supplies and received a hefty amount of Hornady .357 MAG XTP hollowpoints. Call for price--- (360) 755-0500---> Hopefully more ammo and primers will be following!!

Secondly the reason why we were without .22 for a while and are still without primers while the ma & pa stores have them is because once we became a new company we had to put in orders right behind everyone else. We became the low men on the totem pole and are in line behind several panic buyers that want a million pallets of everything!! Spring could be a whole new ball game so I encourage you all to come on down in March or April and see how our stock is holding up. We still have a few red tag guns that are great deals!! I will update as we see shipments!!
  11. Capn Jack

3   0   0
    I was in the Burlington store today and they had a lot more loading components on the shelves.:thumbup:
  12. auto

auto New Member

0   0   0
    Store has a lot of empty space, but also has a lot of merchandise!
    I wish they had more, though. Prices are reasonable, usually on the low side. Guys behind the counter are pretty helpful as well, and they have lots of advice about local areas to shoot, hunt, and fish.
  13. bbd

bbd New Member

0   0   0
    I went into Wholesale Sports today and was floored to find they were doing a Red Tag Clearance on all 2009 Bows. Every 2009 bow was $200 regardless of make, model or price! I picked up a Bear Truth 2 RH 28/70 for $200 !! What a great deal as this bow is still selling for $649. They also said that all US stores participated in this sale.
    I was actually going in to buy the 2010 Bear Assault , but was very pleased to get a great bow for a great price.
    Special thanks to the guys at the Archery counter too!
  14. CJM

CJM Member

1   0   0
    The guys at the archery counter seem to know their stuff and are friendly. The gun counter, well, thats another story. There is a guy, late 40's early 50's who knows practically anything about handguns you want to know, and isn't a dick to deal with. The younger guys, not as knowledgeable but more than willing to help.

There is a blonde petite girl working there though that is a fountain of bad info, like telling a woman who'd never fired a gun that a 1911 in .45acp is the best beginner handgun to own, easy to take apart and maintain, never malfunctions, and good especially for women cause .45acp hardball will knock any human being off his feet into the next room. Yeah, that ol' myth again. Of the handful of times I've been in there and she was working, I've never left without shaking my head over some of the stuff I hear her telling customers. I know big box chain stores are not the best place for reliable gun info, but not all people know that.

They have a pretty decent flashlight selection, knives, and other useful outdoor gear. I like to shop there for stuff I can't get at Kesselring's or Skagit Arms.
    ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  15. jsa

jsa New Member

0   0   0
    The selection of accessories is lacking, but you can't beat the prices on long guns. I bought a Remington 870 Home Security there and a Remington 700 SPS Varmint. Could not find them cheaper anywhere that I could walk into. Cheaper than Cabelas by 50 to 70 bucks. And could not find either in Seattle other than LOWPRICEGUNS and you can't just walk in there. I also like Galco and noticed the Concealed was about 30$ cheaper than any other place around here. If I want a long gun then Wholesale Sports is where I go.
  16. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

25   0   0
    A few good deals on some guns they have in stock. They don't seem too eager to special order anything.

Good selection of some accessories, not so good on others. My biggest beef is that they seem to carry a lot of Chinese made accessories so I go to Kesselrings for cleaning rods and things like that.

There is PLENTY of misinformation being thrown around. I like digging around the .22 ammo section since I get to listen in on the counter conversations at the same time. I'm sure once or twice someone has heard me laugh out loud at some of the stuff I've heard. But the counter staff in general are helpful and nice, and the checkout girls are always very pleasant.
  17. gehrheart

gehrheart Well-Known Member

3   0   0
    I had some issue in the past with the way the gun counter handled the guns.. And all the cowboy action dry fire that used to go on behind the counter.
    In the last year or so they have what seems a whole new team back there and it is a lot more friendlier and I dont see anymore cowboy action going on anymore. Its run a lot better these days I feel.
    Getting help at the optics and knife section can be troublesom sometimes, but when I do get some one they are very easy to work with.
    Overall I like the place myself.
    Capn Jack and (deleted member) like this.