JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered 2 Galco gun belts and a holster from them on the 4th of this month. They were supposed to be 'in' by the 11th.

My phone messages and e-mails have not been answered, and they have $225.00 of my money!!

They are no longer at their store on 1st. in Beaverton and have no forwarding address. Their phone number is on the door, but only gets answered with their answering machine.

Does anyone how where Chris & Heather went?

They didn't seem like the type of people that would 'rip you off', but I'm sure feeling like I've been now!!

Frog.

Last time I was in that place I got a bad vibe. It looked like their accessory inventory had dwindled down and they weren't restocking. I know they had a beef with Brownell's regarding what they said was a lost shipment and Brownell's wasn't shipping to them at that time. Not sure if that ever got resolved, but things didn't look good for them.

I was by there over a Month ago and it looked pretty deserted. A few years ago I bought my Galco Holster from them, took FOREVER for them to pick up the phone and order it. After the younger guys quit, some "Friend" was helping out (Thats what the friend told me anyways) and was a real A$$ to me on two occasions so I stopped visiting them. You would think after you blow money on a firearm and a holster, ammo, accessories, trades etc that they would at least be friendly. The way I see it, this place closing down is no great loss here people. There are several other more friendly and dependable shops on the west side that would love your business. I'm am sorry some of you lost your money though, that stinks.

No money lost....

I contacted Visa today, and provided the info for a dispute. Based on that information, I was told that the total amount of the transaction would be credited to my account within 2 days.

This is a big part of the reason why I seldom use cash any more. I think that if this had been a cash deal, I'd be S.O.L. !

Maybe they are just 'moving'. Maybe they will 're-surface'. However, if they do, I'll never darken their doorway again. At the very least, they could have phoned or e-mailed me, and explained their circumstances!

Frog.

Last time I was in the store was when they were on Broadway near Beaverton Bakery. I went again and saw they closed up shop, when a few weeks later I saw the store on 1st right behind Dairy Queen on Farmington but never saw it open. I drove by again and saw a fire marshall inspecting the building.

The store over by the Dairy Queen has been shut down for a while now. They seemed like the types that liked guns and thought "gee I think I'll open a business". Liking and knowing something about guns doesn't mean you know how to run a business.

I saw this a lot when I was selling in the musical instrument industry. Some guy that is a musician, but can't make a living playing decides to open a music store. Most of them were out of business within a year. I watched one guy put his business "up his nose" so to speak inside of a year.

I agree that DSG was clueless in the business end of things.

Went there half a year ago to take the required class for my Utah CHL and they completely oversold the event. The little classroom was packed with an extra row (or 2) of seats jammed in so the contracted instructor was backed against the wall, next to a tiny image from a poorly placed projector.

The two guys running the class (not DSG employees) were forced to spend over 3/4 of their time, literally a couple hours, herding us through lines to sign forms, make payments, submit ID's, collect mail-in packages, etc.

So the instructional portion of the class itself was limited to a manic blast of PowerPoint images and an auctioneer-paced verbal data dump. There were more people outside the "classroom" than in, just standing around in the shop, waiting to get their papers and leave.

Did I end up getting my license? You bet.

Did I learn anything? Little, if any.

Do I want my money back? Maybe, but who'd reimburse it?

Who's fault was it? Hard to say. Maybe the instructors gave DSG a limit, or maybe they didn't. I'm no fire marshall, but I can look at a room and determine it's a good fit for 12-15 tops, not 30-40. It was insane.

Does that mean I think Dual Smokin' Gunn's should go bankrupt and shut down? Not really. But should they continue to conduct business related to firearm safety in such a sloppy careless fashion? IMHO absolutely not.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top