JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I'm out of touch. I just found out that the Ruger 10/22 Magnum is no longer made (last year of mfg. was 2006). I had always just thought that I would pick one up some day and never really got in a hurry about it.

Well, aside from spending $600-900 for a used/new Ruger, does anyone have an opinion on an alternative? I'm not opposed to bolt-action, but like I said, I always figured I would just buy the Ruger semi.

Is there another semi that is just as good or better?

Ok, I'm out of touch. I just found out that the Ruger 10/22 Magnum is no longer made (last year of mfg. was 2006). I had always just thought that I would pick one up some day and never really got in a hurry about it.

Well, aside from spending $600-900 for a used/new Ruger, does anyone have an opinion on an alternative? I'm not opposed to bolt-action, but like I said, I always figured I would just buy the Ruger semi.

Is there another semi that is just as good or better?

You asked. They will cost a lot more than a Ruger.

<broken link removed>

Are you going to get your mini from accurcey systems? also volquatsen has a evolution rifle in 223 and 204 that they say does heads shots on ground hog at 600 plus yards.

That's what I want to do, but that's still a lot of money. It will be some time before i do anything.

I've just been checking out the Evolution. This may change things. Price is in the same ballpark and it uses ar15 magazines. (I already about a few 5, 10, and 20 rnd mags)

Oh, how I wish I were rich. It would be so easy to buy one of everything. :D

Hahaha if i were rich i would have at least 5 of everything, i have alot of friends who enjoy shooting aswell so i would share the wealth. Im saving up to send my ranch mini14 stainless in to be fitted with a 24" compusated stainless fluted 920 bull barrel with
1-9 twist and a synthetic adjustable bedded stock with a new buffer and trigger job. I love my mini and cant wait for her make over but im in the middle of some AR-15 builds so the mini fund isn't growing much:)

If i was you i would get a cheap savage bolt action 22 mag or a marlin bolt action with the tube mag. My dad used one for years a Marlin 833SS that i have now and its a straight shooter. Also with rimfire you MUST weigh each cartridge and make groups of the same weight. Do this and you will see the true meaning of an accurate rimfire in other words it eliminates flyers you know those holes on the out side of your nice tight group. I weigh all my rimfire before a hunt and shoot a couple of each when sighting in my rifle the day of to see where they are hitting. I only take head-shots and i dont miss when i weigh them all out!!!!

Hey Andy glad to hear you are interested in the 22 magnum. There is deffinately a place in a gun collection for an accurate 22 magnum rifle.

I find the 22 Lr is a little weak for some small game and yet there are places like farms that you may wish to shoot sage rats on that will only allow rimfire because of proximity to roads, rafters on the river, other farms, live stock whatever.
Savage & Marlin make nice bolt actions but if you want Quality & accuracy, in a semiautomatic please have a look at the CZ /Bruno model ZKM 611.
This is a very accurate semi auto that comes as a takedown model and will often out shoot a bench rest rifle straight out of the box. I found one as NIB for $400.00... you can pay up to $1,000 for one but do look. Google some reviews... You'll be pleasantly surprised.:s0155:

Another happy Marlin 883SS owner here. I paid $125 for mine used, and it is a tack driver. Thanks for the useful tip on weighing the ammo - would not have thought of that!

Haven't hunted with it yet but can hit a golf ball at 100 yards consistently, so I guess that is sorta like a headshot right?
I really like the tube fed mag over a conventional magazine too.

I've got a remington 597 .22 mag.
saw the M R .22 mag nice gun for $600.00+ and it still has a crappy trigger just like the ruger.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top