JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carried a AMT double action only Back Up for many years in a Ted Blocker IWB. Now, in the same holster, for the past twelve years, I've carried a Kel-Tec P3AT. I still stuff the AMT into a pants pocket when I go fly fishing, where there are not bears. I shoot both guns for function every three months, usually at ten feet into a coffee can. Both are good guns. Other 380's I have owned or shot... Bersa, Browning BDA, Berretta, Khar, Sig... all good guns. Never expect too much from a mouse gun, but it very well may save your life.

I have the LCP and agree with cyclesarge in that it is painful to shoot. I know it's not a range gun, but keeping familiar with your CC piece should be part of owning it, and if isn't a pleasure to shoot, you won't shoot it. And therefore won't stay familiar with it and shouldn't carry it.

I've shot a Colt Mustang Pocketlite several times and I loved shooting that thing. It is comfortable, has controls similar to a 1911, and is a pleasure to shoot. It is a little heavy for true pocket carry, but Colt is now manufacturing them again, and the Colt mustang XSP is the same version as the Pocketlite but with a lighter Polymer frame.

If I was ever again in the market for another pocketable .380, my vote would be Colt Mustang Pocketlite or the Sig P238.

Small and light is something you will carry. Anything larger than the LCP will more than likely spend more time at home than on your person. Chances are the perp will not ask you if it's a .380 or 9mm... they don't care.

While the LCP has a snap to it, they are designed to carry a lot and shoot a little.

Call me crazy, but I just bought a Colt Mustang XSP, a polymer framed and ultralight (12 oz) version of the Mustang Pocketlite. The thing eats anything, the polymer frame is exceptionally ergonomic and better than the regular Mustang, and the controls are simple and easy to manipulate, especially if you're a 1911 fan. It simply disappears with a pocket holster. I've had a P238, but like this way better. Except the price, which was right at $600. My all time favorite is still my Magnum Research Micro Desert Eagle, but it's a little brick in terms of weight compared to the XSP.

I got a Bersa Thunder .380 for my wife and it has eaten everything we have fed it. Seems to be a well made and reliable gun. Note that I would not share that opinion of the .40 version. It's a bit finicky with ammo.

As to the .380 not being effective give it a break. It doesn't matter what handgun your using it takes about 3 shots to stop someone and in all cases shot placement is critical to doing so. A lot of people have died from single .22 rounds placed where they need to be to be the most effective. On the other hand I watched a video of an LEO emptying his handgun (which I know was bigger than .380) into someone last year and they got in their car and drove off. They later died but the point is don't count on the caliber size to be the deciding factor when stopping a threat.

Just for reference, theSig p-238 is one of the top 5 selling semi autos of all time. My wife has one and I am pretty jealous. A very nice shooter, and the best pocket size pistol I think I have ever tried.

all those guns are great the bersa colt mustang sig p232 and the ppks ppk the thunder the sig 238 the ruger lcp the taurus and the new glock 42 but check out my point the Kahr p 380 or i think cw 380 is one of the most compack 380acp that is OK with 380 acp +P rounds has a slide stop a wather barrel factory heine 8 sights or night sights is stricker fired instead of hammer fired which is very important for a pocket carry.ive had colt bersa and the ruger . my friends had the other s i decided on the kahr p380 acp. ive used 95 gr +p hp gold dot and 100 gr +p hard cast flat point . mostly in her the 100 gr hard cast will penetrate 4 gallens of milk containers full of water with out stopping period the sig gets stuck in my pocket the ruger has louse sights no slide stop and none but the browning and the bursa are close to being as accurate and there to big for my pockets if i wanted anything bigger id have kept my kahr pm40 but i sold that for a glock gen 4 27 great Iwb gun dont take what i say personal but ive owened around 400 plus guns im over 55 and im stupid my 2 cents worth .... nitestocker

Got the wife a Sig P238 last year, she loves it...and I do too.

It's light, tight, and the snap is very manageable, better than others I've fired.
It is single action - the hammer is cocked by the slide - so short crisp trigger pull, thumb break safety. It gets my vote.

With the slimming down of 9mm models, how many here still carry their .380's? Any plans on switching to 9mm?

I honestly haven't carried my Kel-Tec P3AT since I bought my Kahr PM9 years ago.

I pocket carry a Kahr CW380 when deep conceal is necessary. Otherwise I will IWB my G42 or shoulder my G19.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top