JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best built, best engineered I have seen (and owned) in a .380 is the Beretta Cheeta, but the downside is size and weight. And if we were talking 9mm, the most accurate and safest to carry (with one in the chamber), is by far an HK P7. It has no "side levers or protrusions, etc." to snag if you have to draw it in a hurry. And you don't have to remember in a panic situation if the safety is off. Mine shoots rings around my 92fs Beretta! Of course, the P7 only holds half the rounds as the 92fs, but it you are at all an accurate shooter, that is of little consequence.

Last Edited:
I have been shooting my new Ruger LCP for a little over a month now and I like it more and more (it replaces a Seecamp .32 which was smaller but heavier), the sites are useless but this class of pistols are point shooters anyway. I have mastered the nasty trigger on the thing and have found it fairly pleasant to shoot (this may be because although I am a big guy I have ridiculously small hands). About 150 rds. and no failures to feed or stovepipes, no problems at all. I realize that .380's are seriously underpowered but now that I am familiar with the gun and it's laser site I feel comfortable enough with it. Just be all Zen with your surroundings and if someone walks in through that exit curtain get ready! Just sayin'.

Not a hi jack- Just saying

It just takes one bad round.
Shooting semi autos at targets during a match taught me twice in two years. Bullets contribute to actions malfunctioning also.
How old are your bullets?

Did you know a misfire due to a faulty primer, stricken the second time in a wheel gun usually fires the round.

Hammer-less, Titanium 13 ounces or light weight .38 +p
Only fired for defense.

Beretta 84 by all means!!! Size and weight are a slight factor but dependability wins out.

I'll just bet someone will disagree with that........naw no way, what a dumb thought.

Have a great day Gent's

Actually, the Makarov is also made in .380, not just 9x18. I have a Russian model, in .380, with adjustable sights. It will feed any type of ammo I put through it, and it makes one ragged hole in the target at 10 yards. And it's heavy enough to use as a weapon when empty. You can still find them under $300, and in my opinion, are the best .380 for the money.

I also went with the Makarov, except in 9x18. You have to order practice ammo online, for the most part. But the weight and the stability of this little pistol is fantastic... With a Wolf Spring from Midway the recoil is very manageable. And it will still group well at 15 yards, besides being a good FTF gun. I think I paid approx $300 with a holster and 4 mags.

I like Kel-Tec for a couple of reasons. They were first, developed the idea if you will; and the others Ruger etc.. are copying the original.
Kel-Tec, made in the USA and delivered at a very fair price.
The Ruger also is a great product and the company is excellent.
S&W has a new one hitting the market and it offers a built in laser if you like that idea.

Have fun picking your new gun.

The .380acp was developed by John Moses "Browning", and was introduced in 1908 by Colt. Kel-Tec was founded in 1991 and started manufacturing hand guns in 1995.

My personal choices however are. 1st the Walther PPK/S or PPK, and 2nd is the Bersa Thunder.
Ultimately a person needs to go touch and fell. The weapon needs to feel like a great pair of shoes but in your hand. The Ruger and Kel-Tec are great choices too. Pick the one that fits the best and you will be more confident when the time comes that it has to be used.

While I do like the Beretta 84, its not really a pocket pistol, I would vote for the Colt Mustang and now Ruger has a new .380 slightly larger than the LCP, called the LC380. It is the same dimensionally as the LC9, but is softer shooting. You can use LC9 holsters and external lights. It's slightly extra size aids in accuracy and enjoyment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top