JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of makes and models are out there, to be sure, many of them touched on here. The best one? It's the one that you shoot the best and have the most confidence in. It's the one .380 that you know will perform for you, every time out, regardless of weather conditions or the time of day or night or the ammo that's available to you or the circumstances you find yourself in at the time that you need it.

I bought the Bodyguard 380 a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen much of the gun since. It's been in the mail or at Smith & Wesson's repair shop. I cleaned it the day I bought it, then went back to the range. Shot 46 rounds through it without a hitch. On the 47th round the slide locking pin fell out along with the slide with a round in the barrel. Took it home, cleaned it, reset the pin, went back to the range and low and behold, on the 7th round the locking pin fell out with the slide and a live round. My dealer then put 4 rounds through it before the pin popped out with the slide. There was a feeling that it occurred only during rapid fire, which of course is a problem if someone is coming at you. My dealer sent it to Smith for repair. The Smith rep was at the gunshop the day it was returned from Smith. He shot it and guess what, the locking pin fell out along with the slide. It's now on it's way back to Smith again for the same problem. I guess Smith doesn't shoot test their repairs. Customer Service at Smith was not as concerned as I thought they should be, especially with a new release gun. I hope you have better luck with the Bodyguard 380 than I've had. Stay tuned.

Bersa Thunders are accurate, sturdy and never FTF. They're inexpensive and always get high ratings from Gun mags. Theres more expensive autos but the Bersa shoots just as well. And thats all that counts.

thank you all very much for the input and knowledge, i made my decision and bought a black ruger lcp 380 today, took it out and shot it and it will do what is needed! i want to put a crimson trace on it for better target acquisition

Walther PPK...in a Berns Martin triple draw holster.

Well, at least Ian Fleming thought the holster was okay...not bad for a rig that never existed.

:D

But I do have an affinity toward the PPK. Maybe if I carry it in a blue-and-tan chamois shoulder holster, I'll get to hobnob with international gangsters, girls named Jill Masterson, Tatiana Romanova and Pussy Galore

...and then again, probably not...

:s0114:

Don't forget Plenty O'Toole. :F

I`d get a 9mm or .40 CC, they pack more punch, I have a cheap 380 I bought years ago which has not given me any trouble through 300 rds or so except chewing the webbing skin between my thumb and index finger when i forget to move down thw grip a little, they are just too small for my hands!

I bought the Bersa rather than the Glock for five reasons. Cost (half the cost at $279), all metal (alloy frame), action (DA/SA like my S&W 4006), reputation (considered durable and accurate) and it fits my hand (I can get two fingers on the grip - it is just enough larger than the baby Ruger and S&W to work).

I had a Sigma in 40 and didn't like it much. It did everything fine, but I really didn't like the single action only feature and didn't especially care for the material. So, when I looked for a concealed carry, those actions were eliminated.

The Bersa was hard to find. To my knowledge, 6 months ago, I bought the only one in the NW. Since then, I don't know. Most retailers didn't know about it, and got it mixed up with the standard Thunder 380 model. I was sent on several wild goose chases.

I have to go with Kahr, though I carry a P3AT myself, couldn't justify the cost of the Kahr. No complaints with my little Kel-Tec though. Very dependable and fairly accurate if you do your part.

Surprized that there isn't any love out there for the Walther PPK.

I have to go with Kahr, though I carry a P3AT myself, couldn't justify the cost of the Kahr. No complaints with my little Kel-Tec though. Very dependable and fairly accurate if you do your part.

Surprized that there isn't any love out there for the Walther PPK.

I am lucky enough to have gotten an early 1990's Interarms/Walther American-made PPK way back when, and it is my daily carry piece. After a little manual polishing of the ramp and upper chamber it is completely reliable, and very accurate. It is solid stainless steel and beautifully machined to be a work of art. It is small enough to hide, but big enough to hold on to for good control, and heavy enough to absorb recoil for quick follow-up shots. I added a rubber slip-on finger groove grip, and that eliminated the famed "slide-bite" tendency of the PPK. Alas, the similar recent Smith and Wesson/Walther PPK "improved" design has a reputation for many bugs yet to be worked out.........................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top