JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have bought some lamp oil at an old hardware store that is family owned and tested my old oil lamps. All are working well and now I need to buy some more wicks and a lot more oil, the problem between Lowes, Wal Mart, Big Lots and the 'Dollar Tree' nobody carries lamp oil anymore, any suggestions? Please PM me if you know where to buy lamp oil.

Did some elk hunting and had a chance to stomp around in the woods and practice some skills. Also got my new to me Dodge out in some real muddy off road conditions and learned what the capabilities are and are not. Sharpened my primary knives and gave them a good coat of olive oil. Relocated a shotgun to a place where it would be more useful. Bought some junk silver. Completed a shopping list.

SF-

Bi-Mart sells lamp oil. I have seen it several times. We bought a few jars just in case. Also, the Coleman white gas stoves say right on the box: "uses white gas or unleaded gas."

OK, looks like I'm wrong. Kerosene works in oil lamps, but lamp oil is further refined to remove more sulfur and to make the smell less objectionable.

"Red" kerosene which has been dyed and is taxed as a vehicle fuel can harm health from burning the additives indoors.

Lamp oil it is. :s0155:

I got confused because I have one of those "jet" type heaters like you see at football games along the sidelines. It will use either kerosene or diesel or lamp oil, but it's for outdoor use only. :) I use it to thaw our driveway a couple of times a year. Boy howdy - 90,000 BTU and a strong blower gets it done!

Tonight I made an emergency car kit for my wife's car, or at least started it with a first aid kit, food, compass/whistle, bivey tent, sternos, glow sticks, emergency blanket, lighters, basic hand tools, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

I also bought her a 6 gallon water container which would have come in handy this week when her radiator hose blew off and I had to lug over another container from home. With the weather freezing up, I'll have to remind myself to only fill it part way which poses a good question, should I keep a block of ice in a container in the car? If she needed it in the winter, I'm sure it would melt, but not quick enough. Maybe I should go with a couple smaller containers that are partially full?

I went to the canned food warehouse, bought a bunch of large cans of sliced peaches in family sized cans for $.99 per can. Another bag of rice, 5 more cans of spam, and 5 more cans corned beef. If anyone has a good way to store rice please PM me

I bought an old rotary type phone on Ebay. Our cordless phones require 110v to operate the base station in addition to the batteries in each phone. Sometimes when the power grid goes down, the phone lines still work. Old rotary phones get their low voltage power from the phone line, and they still work, I believe. We'll see.

Spent time surfing the net to decide where I wanted to order food storage items from. Finally settled on USA Emergency Supply.
Ordered:
5 gallon mylar bags
1 gallon mylar bags
Oxygen absorbers

Also ordered an <broken link removed> from Harbor Freight. They don't seem to carry these at their stores. :confused:

Oh Yea...and 200 rounds of .223 from BiMart. At the store in Gresham they had about 15 cases of Remington .223 55GR MC on the floor behind the counter.

Power was out in half of B'ham for about an hour yesterday, so I went to wally world and got myself some tea candles... 350 of them for about $4.50, and some more alcohol for my soda can stove.

I will be buying more flashlights, I have about 10 good ones, but you can never have too many, I like the Ultrafire cree 3 ones on ebay. They take 1 AA, have 5 modes, very bright for 1aa, brighter then a 3 aa minimag!!! and have a glow in the dark ring around the glass that will stay lit up incase you turn it off and drop it. The best part is only 1 aa!!!! I am going to try and get one for each car and room I have!!!

Power was out in half of B'ham for about an hour yesterday, so I went to wally world and got myself some tea candles... 350 of them for about $4.50, and some more alcohol for my soda can stove.

I will be buying more flashlights, I have about 10 good ones, but you can never have too many, I like the Ultrafire cree 3 ones on ebay. They take 1 AA, have 5 modes, very bright for 1aa, brighter then a 3 aa minimag!!! and have a glow in the dark ring around the glass that will stay lit up incase you turn it off and drop it. The best part is only 1 aa!!!! I am going to try and get one for each car and room I have!!!
Harborfreight has LED flashlights on sale for about $4 a pair, they are aluminum and pretty cool...take 3 AAA and have 9 LED's. About 3 1/2" long and 1" dia.

I found lamp oil in puyallup, WA at McLendon harware family owned store with home depot prices plus they offer a military discount. They also have kerosene and kerosene heaters and a lot of needed supplies.

SF-

Quit smoking....

Congratulations! Now comes the hard part, the Holiday stress.

I completed another one of my project guns:

IMG_0953.jpg

Just needs refinishing!

SF-

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews