JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A snow and ice storm is due in starting Wed. this means that the PUD will NOT be arriving as promised to cut down the threatening trees (3rd time). As previously planned I will be getting a 45 foot cherry picker Tues to limb the trees closest to the house at site#2. The tree threatening the power lines will doubtless fall in the next 30-60 days.

Picked up some 00Buck and .308 and 6mm Remington rounds, all soft points. Also a pair of 50BMG boxes. All on sale!
Now I'm rearranging all my non-bulk ammo. There are boxes of ammo scattered in nearly every room in the house, arranging them by type, use and future needs. Danged label gun's cartridge is empty!

I had the same problem and downsized to 4oS&W, .223 & 12 ga. Easy peasy now when I open the safe & reach for something...:eek:

Bit the bullet and bought a Briggs/Stratton 5,000W generator today. Need to be able to run my C-PAP in a power outage, may as well have the extra watts for the fridge, etc.

I have a setup for camping (I use a CPAP as well, and can't go a night without it) that's MUCH lighter weight.

1 deep cycle RV battery. (Or regular 2 volt car battery will work) (About $80)
1 Solar 12v battery charger (From Harbor freight) (About $25)
1 100w/500w switchable power intverter (About $25)

I've camped out for 4 days with a single charge on my battery running the CPAP on 100w mode and no issues..

With this setup you could (In theory, I haven't tested it) run your CPAP for far longer, using the solar charger you should be able to at least run the CPAP 5 days out of each week.

Thanks Jack, I have an inverter that I purchased with the C-PAP. I haven't tried it yet but I think that by charging a pair of deep cycles while I generate power for the furnace, fridge, etc I can avoid running the gen at night!

I had the same problem and downsized to 4oS&W, .223 & 12 ga. Easy peasy now when I open the safe & reach for something...:eek:

HaHaHa Jim, sounds neat and orderly! I'm not a very good downsizer! I have seven handgun calibers and eleven rifle calibers and twelve gauge! It was tough but mine are all orderly now. :D

Starting to prep a few thousand cases of 9mm. Also bought 2 gallons of kerosene and filled 2 propane bottles. image.jpg

Last Edited:
It took 6 hours to aquire a cherry picker today. I arrived at site#2 at three-twenty PM too late to do more than back the picker into place, parked under a tree, with truck, in the wind....
27 degrees with wind. Storm advisory in effect, but now no ice, just snow on Thur. morning. I hope toI return the picker tommorow

I've been experimenting with using 10 grain pancake flour to make hard tack then storing it using my vacuum sealer. Curious how this will work out

Today went to Cabela's and purchased the wife a matching range bag, ear muffs and shooting glasses. This way she can't complain it's not color coordinated- and it's bright pink.

The wind increased, the temps reached +22, not as cold as this morning but the lift and trees were swaying. The final tree had dead limbs all the way to the top but I could only reach the lowest four, very nerve wracking to work under them. I was very tired, the drive into town was pretty but my body ached from my efforts. On my return I noted that Broughton Mill (Broughton Flume aka Lassie Flume) was ablaze I could see the flames and smoke from ten miles away

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top