JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious to see what favorite gun shops everyone else has. Living in Seaside, my favorite shop is Sporty's, in Clatskanie. It's over an hour away from here, but I drive it gladly. Good selection, good prices, friendly, knowledgable staff.

When I lived in Covington, just south of Kent, my favorite was Ben's loan, in Renton. They have by far the best lay-away plan ever. 20% down, and 5 months to pay it off! I also liked Federal Way Discount Guns, but the staff can be rude. The owner is nice, however.

I would guess that Bi-Mart would be my first choice. They seem to keep their prices lower than most other stores. I have seen Big 5 put certain firearms on sale and their "sale" prices were higher than Bi-Mart's every day prices. The only rub is that Bi-Mart is missing from a lot of locations in the Northwest. Although I currently live in Medford, I may not always. I would like to see Bi-Mart open in Astoria, Tillamook, Newport, Reedsport, Oregon and Long Beach in Washington. These are all places that I might consider moving to one of these days.

A second vote for Bi-mart. In the past couple of years I've purchased a Mossberg 500 (with two barrels), a Marlin 30-30, and a Ruger 10-22 from Bi-mart, plus a little bit of ammo for them. I've found that the people working the counter there are courteous, knowledgeable, and don't treat you like an idiot as some stores do (Good Guy's Guns in Medford, I'm looking at you...) They also didn't raise their prices AT ALL during the Great Ammo Shortage of '09. I'll buy all my hunting, etc.-related stuff there from now on.

I like most true gun stores I've been to. The only exceptions would be places like Wholesale Sports (formerly Sportsmans) and Dick's (which isn't really a true gun store). You might get someone knowledgeable and you might not. I don't dislike them, just don't take everything they say as gospel.

The absolute worst is The Gun Room. There's a whole thread devoted to the stuff people have seen happen in there.

I'm a big fan of MLC Exotic Class III in Salem; a great shop and a great guy behind the counter (Mick), and he's the go-to guy for handling transfers in Salem, IMO.

I also enjoy shopping at the Rig R in Redmond; it has a wonderful selection of firearms and some knowledgable folks (especially Cameron) behind the counter.

Ditto the Cent-Wise Gun Shop in Redmond; friendly help, nice selection, and a willingness to order something for you if it's not in stock.

Gwinners Shooting Supplies in Dallas, OR. Very nice guy, and sold me my first gun this year. He didnt make me feel like an idiot when dealing with him and he treated me well. Met him at a PDX Gun Show last spring. I liked Wholesale Sports (Sportsmans). Good deal on my .22 and Helpful. Though they never have any ammo I need. Big5 occasionally has good deals. I really want to check out Gun Broker in Clackamas (i live right by them) and Wild Bills next time I get out to Mollala. I always have decent luck finding reasonably priced ammo at BiMart and WalMart and Fishermans.

Not a big fan of Northwest Armory in Milwaukie/Gladstone, though.

Let me add here that Jack at Dan-Dee Sales in Sweet Home is the absolute best at customer service, flat-out and all the time, period. It's a pleasure to deal with him, whether you are buying a box of ammo or a spare magazine or a something decidedly larger.

When I lived in Spokane, it was Dave's Guns out in Nine Mile. But that was YEARS ago when he was running his business out of his house. On the west side I like the people at Sam's although I haven't bought any firearms from them yet. The last guns I bought were from DGS and, while I like the owners, their decision to price gouge has turned me off from doing business with them again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top