JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If a guy wanted to purchase an AR-15 stripped lower within the next few days, where would you suggest he go?

I've got $100 or so dollars burning a hole in my pocket, and figured I'd better pick up a lower before I spend it!

I live about half-way between Portland and Salem, so I could travel either way......

Any info would be very much appreciated!

I called Keith sporting goods last week and he had some for $70! thats cheap... Add $10 background check. Forgot the name of the brand but he had 10+ so I know he has more. He carries better brand name lowers too so you can spend more if you like. Best deal in salem I know of is Mega lowers for 140 at Oles gunshop. They are the latest mega style, pretty nice, worth the extra money imo but you can't go wrong with either.

word of advice though, when you go to buy an upper you should test it against your lower before you buy in order to make sure it fits snug. and you want it to be so tight you almost cant even get the pins through. because they wear out a bit after 100-500rnds or so. If it's a sloppy fit you can always try an accu-wedge but you will have to live with visual gap between the receivers

http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/8424689/gresham_or/keith_s_sporting_goods.html

Keiths in Gresham

(503) 492-6999

1595 E Powell Blvd
Gresham, OR 97030

Just like Rallysoob said, make sure your upper and lower have a good fit. Ive bought the cheapest lowers I can find and have never had a problem other than an annoying sloppy fit, which can be fixed with accu wedge. $70. is cheap.... Ive bought one for less only one time at Eugene gun show, $60. + $10 background. Brownells has pretty good buy for $89.99 though you have to pay shipping.

After talking with a few friends, it seems like Mega is possibly the way to go. I would assume that if I bought a Mega lower now, and a Mega upper later, the fit between them should be very good to excellent..... No worries?

So......Who has Mega lowers in stock?

After talking with a few friends, it seems like Mega is possibly the way to go. I would assume that if I bought a Mega lower now, and a Mega upper later, the fit between them should be very good to excellent..... No worries?

So......Who has Mega lowers in stock?

Ole's Gunshop ...Salem ore....Call them for directions thier sorta hard to find (off Center st. at Hoffman rd.) Their a good shop I do alot of Business with them.:s0155:
Kevin their gunsmith is top notch.

Oles is my favorite as far as customer service goes. Good people. Prices are a bit higher than other shops around Salem but I still prefer to buy from them over anyone else because its nice to be treated with respect. Guncrafters on the other hand...

I've been to Ole's several times in the past, but not for a few years now. Maybe I should stop in for a visit soon and get reaquainted. I've decided to get in on the Mega lower group buy, as the price seems fair, and from what I've heard about Mega, the quality is there. It looks like I'll be piecing this AR together slowly, piece by piece due to having limited funds....I'm sure I'll appreciate it more once it's finally done.

MK Tactical has 3 Spikes stripped lowers and 3 DPMS as of yesterday when I was in there, I believe the Spikes were 125. Two Jolly Rodgers and one Punisher.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top