JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would love to pick up a KelTec RDB Hunter, and I think it would be legal if it didn't have a threaded barrel. I figure an FFL who has an onsite gunsmith could pin/weld the thread protector, thus making it a non-threaded barrel for the purposes of the law. Does anyone know of any FFLs offering that kind of service?

Wouldn't that still be illegal due to having to import said rifle into the state first. I would think that's feasible if you had a gunsmith in a different state make it compliant, then import into Washington.

Wouldn't that still be illegal due to having to import said rifle into the state first. I would think that's feasible if you had a gunsmith in a different state make it compliant, then import into Washington.
No, they can still buy non-legal things, they just can't sell them.

ie: +10 round mags. My FFL homie told me he can buy them all he wants, it's just not legal to resell them. Distributors will ship him anything he buys.

I think your best bet is to find a few gunsmiths, go visit them and describe what you want to do and see if you have a willing taker.

I don't know anyone in the Bonney Lake area, unfortunately. I have a couple up here that would likely do it though.

Normally I would say why bother with a keltec. But being that you are in WA, and those gov bubblegumers are screwing over all WA gun owners, I say go for every creative option you can to get more guns. Ask around, the worst that can happen is they say no.

I would also think about buying complete uppers from OR or Idaho, assuming you already have lowers. Fe you could buy a brn-180 complete upper for cash and have a better gun (imo) than the keltec and smaller when the stock is folded/collapsed. Imo a lot of online sellers read the law incorrectly due to being scared. Cash sales in other states bypasses that incorrect interpretation. There may also be online sellers that do ship complete uppers to WA I don't know.

Last Edited:
I know it's the wrong side of the state, but contact Double Eagle Pawn at the Francis Street, Spokane address, as they seem to have some WA-Modified offerings that I believe are done in-house.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top