JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's official: Bloomberg's 'Everytown' to push Wash. gun control measure

Anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg's $50 million so-called "grassroots" organization, "Everytown for Gun Safety," made it official Tuesday, filing papers with the Public Disclosure Commission, creating an "action fund" to support Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure sponsored by the Seattle-based Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR).

<broken link removed>

"THE FIGHT'S COMMENCED. GET TO FIGHTING, OR GET AWAY." — Wyatt Earp to Ike Clanton at OK Corral, Oct. 26, 1881...according to various accounts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independence Day weekend sparks new energy in dueling initiatives fight

There were lots of fireworks last night as America celebrated its freedom, and in Washington State — the new ground zero in a political fight that is shaping up as a moral battle to protect that freedom — gun rights activists opposing Initiative 594 may have just gotten a boost from an unlikely source: The guy largely bankrolling the effort, discussed today in the Seattle Times.

<broken link removed>

I totally agree.

Sorry I know that they can't control it, but every other gun blog I visit somehow manages to control it. And yes I know there are ad blocker and popup controls you can install... but IMHO asking 10,000 unique visitors to all install crap in their browser is probably not quite as easy as getting one IP provider to stop dishing out so much shizzle just so they can get $0.01 per click-thru. Everybody wants to monitize their web content - but the Examiner's method of doing so is really brutal, and it's driving their 'subscribers' away.

-Thirtycal

I run FireFox and Chrome and get ads through both on the Examiner site, even though most other sites are "clean" - it really is obnoxious. Such advertising tactics turn me off to whatever product they're pitching to the point I would go out of my way NOT to buy whatever it is the ad is selling.

I run Apple's Safari set to reject 3rd party cookies. I've also added Ghostery and AdBlock as Safari extensions. I've also added the DuckDuckGo search extension to Safari. I get almost no ads anywhere I go. I don't get spam emails from advertisers for products like cars after visiting a car related website. I also run the ClickToFlash extension, which blocks Flash content on web pages from running unless I double click on it, so I get no annoying Flash ads popping up. Safari is just easier to set up with all these things than other browsers. You click on "Safari Extensions" in a drop down menu, and then check the extensions you want. They download and install automatically, and you can choose to update them automatically. I spend almost no time dealing with this stuff after initial setup.

Now to return to the topic of the thread, Bloomberg's money may backfire in this case. Certainly, that will be the case if the opposition plays up the out-of-state money, New York nanny state, angle. Bloomberg can't help but self-destruct eventually. He's a megalomaniac on the order of a Hitler. He just doesn't have the kind of power needed to be a monster...yet.

Use Firefox with AdBlockPlus and Ghostery. No ads.
I don't want no ads. I watch a lot of youtube videos by people that work very hard on their content and I visit sites like this one that rely on ads to survive. I am not someone that thinks I deserve something for nothing so I do not mind an ad or two...but that site is ridiculous.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top