JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please contact you local School Superintendent via email or phone call, tell them how you feel about the wasted tax dollars spent on teacher salaries involved in the anti firearm protest. The officials are elected by the people. We are voters and the School board depends on your taxes. I have decided to no longer vote for any school levee until this behavior stops and will dedicate those dollars to the NRA. I am the NRA Taxpayer and Voter they need to hear from us; stand in front of the NRA not behind it.

The response from the School system

I myself believe in all our Constitutional rights but my issues isn't with the students at all. When the teachers decided to participate in the walk out we as tax payers shouldn't be paying them to express their First Amendment rights. They shouldn't have been on the clock & I see that as an abuse of tax dollars. No different then an elected official flying first class or purchasing a $30,000 dollar office desk. The teachers that participated should be required to reimburse the money received for that time period. Since the School Superintendent sees fit to feloniously abuse tax payer dollars then I see no reason to support any School levees in the future.

On March 29, 2018 at 10:19 AM WebManager <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello, Ken

Thank you for contacting Vancouver Public Schools. Students planned and led the March 14 walkouts. As educators, we supported the First Amendment rights of our students to express their views. Activities conducted on school grounds included honoring the victims of the Parkland shooting and writing letters to the victims' families. We provided options for students who did not want to participate in a walkout or related activities.

Best,

Web Manager

Vancouver Public Schools

Vancouver, Washington

>>> WordPress <[email protected]> 3/27/2018 2:16 PM >>>

Subject: School walkouts

Comments:

To whom it may concern

As a tax payer in Clark County I'm disappointed that my tax dollars are being used to push political agendas such as walk outs during school hours. I am a registered voter and do Vote every election. I will no longer vote for any school levees for any reason and doing my best to spread the word. When the school needs more money I suggest pulling the money from the protest fund.

Last Edited:
BS answer.
1. The walkouts were not solely student organized.
2. The schools didn't have to support the walkouts.
3. If "remembering the victims" was sooo important, they could have easily done it after school or on a weekend -- on their time and dime.

Vote with your dollars and expose the lies.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top