JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weird, SWAT cops do that all the time and the union spokesman always passes it off as "officer safety". :huh:
+1

Only YOU can decide was is appropriate measures for defending yourself.
Some people even wear body armor, including criminals.
Should I use armor piercing rounds then?
Should I carry a full-auto mini-uzi?
Just because one man says 9mm is enough for self defense doesn't mean he's always right, as another person would argue that .45 AUTO works better. Then there are the .40 S&W people, and even more obscure .32 caliber people and .357 sig. I haven't even gotten into what gun or how many bullets is enough. Who is right?

AFAIK No one after a gun fight complains about carrying extra ammo.

I am not ever one to criticize some one for exercising there constitutional rights.

It may be his right to carry a firearm tote around town with a Ron Paul sign and give officers grief- but it is also my right to say how much of a tard I think he is for doing it. I didn't have any problem with the video until he started giving officers grief for doing their jobs.

*Would you not expect an officer to question someone for walking down a high crime area at night wearing a dark hoodie?

*Would you not expect an officer to follow a car at 2am for a few minutes to ensure he isn't drunk?

Then why are you guys giving the officers grief for questioning him? Why stand up for a guy, clearly trying to get attention and then bashing the police for the attention? If they would have approached him, guns drawn and proned him out I'd be on your side. This isn't the "police state" you all think it is. There is no buying into the cool aid from the Brady Campaign to demoralize guns...this is a stupid person doing something stupid. While I'll agree that (at most) the police should have asked him to cease and to leave due to complaints from the public and it should have ended there- I will not agree that what this guy has done was right by any means.

Before you pull out your 2nd Amendment card (like Obama supporters pull out the race card) just stop and think for a minute. Forced education for firearm tollerance is not going to get the desired effect (just ask California!). You need to do it in a way that is for the public. Organize a litter pick-up day, a USO fundraiser, something other than grab your AR-15 and take it for a walk down town slung over your shoulder.

2711.jpg

All this is going to do is rub the public the wrong way. They're going to request laws against open carry versus getting used to seeing them around. There are many an arguement about people wearing the clothes they want and blasting the music they want- then city ordinances come out and issue tickets for the violation of them. THIS is what I want to avoid. All this bickering and arguing within the firearm community is just going to divide it. There will be a straight down the middle line, either for Open Carry or Against it. Is that what you all want? Just a blatent George W. Bush "you're either with us or against us" crap?

Bah! No wonder they call us "Gun Nuts". We can't even get along with other gun nuts!

I disagree with the police state comment since the UnPatriot Act grants police state powers and cancels out individual rights and liberties. Besides that, you make very good valid points.

Well I think walking around trying to draw attention just so you can film and post it is probably a poor idea. I do think people whom are firearms ignorant tend to panic at the sight of open carry.....I dont see any advanatge to sturring crap. I carry everyday, but I carry concealed. I think that most LE agencies are way to short staffed to go and waist thier time on purpose...

Well I think walking around trying to draw attention just so you can film and post it is probably a poor idea. I do think people whom are firearms ignorant tend to panic at the sight of open carry.....I dont see any advanatge to sturring crap. I carry everyday, but I carry concealed. I think that most LE agencies are way to short staffed to go and waist thier time on purpose...

Yes

Think about it.A LEO could care less if you are open carrying,but then you decide you need a rifle because the OC pistol didn't get you enough attention.

So the cops are coming out to see who the dumb *** is "showing off" (which is all that is happening,the poor guy doesn't get enough attention in his mom's basement ) his hand gun AND rifle.
They know it isn't much.They have other people to watch,drug dealers and robbers.People who need to be off the streets.

[ Oh it's this idiot I have heard of,causing panic in the quiet neighborhood. (again,more fun because the other neighborhood quit calling as to not FEED THE TROLL!!!)
Let's see what kind of stupid crap he'll spew out this time.He is probably mental and shouldn't even own a gun.
Gawd,we could have gone out to that house and arrested the dealer today.What a waste of our time (and tax payers money) ]

These two probably had much better things to do than to bubblegum with this moron.Heck,getting a cat out of a tree was more important than this troll

Someone down there needs to tell this flake that he isn't helping anything but his facebook account numbers.And to please stop carrying a gun and acting like he is defending the 2nd amendment.

====================================================

I disagree with you're conclusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Know My Rights | When do I have to show ID? | police-encounters | faq

Currently the following states have stop and identify laws: AL, AR, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, KS, LA, MO, MT, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, ND, RI, UT, VT, WI
Regardless of your state's law, keep in mind that police can never compel you to identify yourself without reasonable suspicion to believe you're involved in criminal activity. Rather than asking the officer if he/she has reasonable suspicion, test it yourself by asking if you're free to go.

It is all well and good to be aware of your rights as a citizen when dealing with the police....but what about your responsibilities?

The time that the cops waste arguing and debating with you over the finer points of constitutional law could very well be time that could more productively spent pursuing actual bad guys.

As a citizen who is aware of his rights, I feel that those rights also come with a moral responsibility to be cooperative with those whose thankless job it is to enforce the law.

Maybe I dont have to show that cop my ID.....but I am going to go ahead and do it anyway, and be polite and respectful to him while I'm at it. I dont have anything to hide, and the sooner he figures out that I am part of the solution rather than the problem the sooner he can get back to going after the actual bad guys, which is what both of us want in the first place.

It is all well and good to be aware of your rights as a citizen when dealing with the police....but what about your responsibilities?

The time that the cops waste arguing and debating with you over the finer points of constitutional law could very well be time that could more productively spent pursuing actual bad guys.

As a citizen who is aware of his rights, I feel that those rights also come with a moral responsibility to be cooperative with those whose thankless job it is to enforce the law.

Maybe I dont have to show that cop my ID.....but I am going to go ahead and do it anyway, and be polite and respectful to him while I'm at it. I dont have anything to hide, and the sooner he figures out that I am part of the solution rather than the problem the sooner he can get back to going after the actual bad guys, which is what both of us want in the first place.

That's all good and well but you probably wouldn't get stopped every other week for walking down the street with a rifle strapped to you back.
I tell ya what,if the guy was at my kids bus stop walking around like that,there would be some liberties violated for sure.

Stupid guys like this trying to be a start for some reason,just any reason (and what better reason than something CONTROVERSIAL and polorizing like guns?) on You Tube aren't even part of the gun community.I would bet he doesn't have any friends......I mean any gun friends.
Who here would hang out with him? He isn't even smart enough to keep his mouth shut.
He is doing more damage than anything else

Like the guy at Starbucks earlier this year? If he was trying to do something constructive and not just be a pain in the ***,why not tell the cop he doesn't have the right to ask for ID while giving it to him?
Still don't get what the big deal is.You give him the ID and a lesson on the law and then you don't look like an idiot to them and they walk away.
Then ,us as gun owners look respectable instead of some argumentative A holes looking for a fight with the LEOs

That's what divides us.Some of the OCers acting like a$$hats and others not wanting to be associated with them.
I'm all for the right to OC,but do it with out always getting the cops called on yourself.

I disagree with the police state comment since the UnPatriot Act grants police state powers and cancels out individual rights and liberties. Besides that, you make very good valid points.

I'll meet you half-way, the federal government is forming a police state around our feet and the general public (i.e. sheeple) is oblivious to it. However, your average public servant (i.e. police officer) actually put on the uniform and badge to serve the public. Of course the bad apples are all we hear about...but why hasn't anyone commented about this guy...

This is the average for your police force...but you only hear about the extremes. Heck many of you are probably hearing this story for the first time but you have lines of people posting corruption stories on this very forum. Many, of which, have nothing to do with firearms. There are thousands of officers signed up on Oath Keepers and know what it means to uphold the constitution. I wish there were more and this movement would have started sooner, but it is what it is.

I see where the desire and intent is coming from. Really, I do. I just think it should just be directed to more productive means...things that involve the community, not things that go against the grain.

What would you think if I slapped a camera on me and started torching the US flag in the street? It's my 1st Amendment right, after all. So then the cops get called and I give them grief. My flag and lighter gets taken away because I refuse to be cooperate in any way or show identification...so I post the video on YouTube and ask for support...mainly because I knew my actions would probably get me in cuffs.

Anyhoot, if any of you are in the Tri-City area I intend on going to one of the city counsels here and try to get an "Armed Citizen's Patrol" approved. I want to see how the city would feel about a volunteer group of people that makes sure the children get to and from school okay. This is still in the planning phase, but I think that moves (like this) are better for the public to swallow than me getting in BDUs, slinging my WASR-10 and walking up and down the streets to fight for my 2nd Amendment Rights. That is all I am saying, folks. Just something to ponder about.

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT'S wishful thinking! I'm with you, but let's face it, the two parties are the two sides of the same evil coin. Unless the only honest politician out there, Ron Paul (well, I guess I should count his son, Rand), somehow gets in (and he won't, even if they have to kill him), we'll only see further consolidation of power. Hope and pray as we may, we will NOT see a peaceful and voluntary return to freedom in this (former) republic.

The Police are merely in the middle. I am married to an ex-cop; my best buddy from high school is a 30 year retired county cop; as a former Vol. Fire Chief, I've worked with good ones and bad ones. As a youth, I wanted to be a cop, but as one who has experienced life I would never do it. Cops are whatever the ruling class wants and hires, and the ruling class doesn't want Peace Officers these days. The ruling class wants tools who will Enforce & Collect.

I believe in Carry - Open Carry, Concealed Carry, a truly armed citizenry (the only truly evil and utterly deadly to humanity entity that needs to be disarmed is - Government). But I can only see open carry becoming accepted if the people doing it do NOT seek out confrontation or attempt to frighten others.

This idiot killed two people and he's still ripping off taxpayers:

<broken link removed>

And of course the investigation will deem his actions "justified", since "good cops" always do their duty to root out bad cops. /sarcasm

We live in a litigious society. That is were there is a hang up between the constitution and the citizens who may be concerned at the sight of a person like this. (who right or wrong is a bubblegum and has no idea how to deal with the LEO properly).
The LEO MUST identify the subject once they are called. They have no choice. The liability to the city, the hell that would come down on them IF the subject used his weapon to commit a crime would be immense.
Not assigning right/wrong. Its just a fact of today's society. I dont believe the balance will ever go back to the 2A side.
Here is another way to look at it also (just for the sake of argument). We all know how our rights take a potential hit whenever someone does go off and uses a gun to commit a crime, well, these LEO's are protecting our gun rights by taking a moment to verify the guy is legit.

We live in a litigious society. That is were there is a hang up between the constitution and the citizens who may be concerned at the sight of a person like this. (who right or wrong is a bubblegum and has no idea how to deal with the LEO properly).
The LEO MUST identify the subject once they are called. They have no choice. The liability to the city, the hell that would come down on them IF the subject used his weapon to commit a crime would be immense.

I disagree, IF I call in and say that I see someone who looks suspicious to me, and the 911 operator does their job and questions me to see if my concern is at all founded, they can choose to not send out an officer if they determine there is no real risk. IF they have no choice, then I could call in and cause illegal searches all day long. So like the guy in the video said, if he sees someone he thinks is suspicious for some other reason that the officers do not agree with, they will dismiss it. He made a solid point.

Not assigning right/wrong. Its just a fact of today's society. I dont believe the balance will ever go back to the 2A side.

we will surely never go back to the 2A side if guys like this give up and we don't support them......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top