JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the love of all that is good and Holy, the left lane is for passing.

Feel like taking your sweet time, go camp in the right lane people.

I feel better now...rant over.

Wish WSP would start enforcing it.
Don't know about Washington, but here in Oregon and federal law that only applies to freeways, not 4 or more express lanes. But I do feel your pain.

I have a cousin who lives in Switzerland. He says it's not easy to get a drivers license there, much harder than here; you have to practically be a professional driver, and they don't put up with a lot of nonsense. It sounds quite the opposite of most places.

I've become a much more careful and conservative driver as I get older. I can drive fast if I want to, just don't see the point in it. I've had one ticket in my life, 25 years ago, and never had an accident.

I've had friends who brag, "I do 20 over, everywhere I go!" Yeah, whatever, doesn't impress me, not at all. My coworker, who's older than me, brags the same way, California driver. He knows all the tricks, drives like the proverbial bat-outa-hell. He said when he was younger, he and his buddies always had to make sure they had enough money for the essentials of driving: gas, insurance, and tickets. My logical brain likes the idea of setting reasonable rules and enforcing them. Is 65mph too slow? Then make it 75mph, and hand out tickets like candy to all the idiots who go faster. The whole idea of slow speed limits but never enforcing them seems like chaos to me.

I go my own speed and just try to stay out of the way; that works pretty well. Other drivers can go as fast or slow as they want, so long as they don't endanger me or mine, none of my business. I've taught my two oldest to drive in the last few years, and I stress for them to always be watching other cars. If someone is driving aggressive, just get out of their way as fast as you can. Stay away from crazy. There's lots of crazy out there on the roads, and you'll live longer if you just do your best to avoid it.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews